Five.

Andree

"Get up!" I heard my dad practically screaming in my face. I opened my eyes and saw him giving me a furious look. He then grabbed me by my shirt and lifted me out of the bed. "Get up, right now!"

Before I knew it, he flung me on the floor. "What the hell, dad!" I yelled as I got up.

"You want to tell me why you didn't show up at school yesterday?" He asked me. "You better not lie and say you went, either!"

"I don't want to go to that stupid school!" I scoffed. "It's the last week, anyway!"

"You better be dressed within the next twenty minutes because you're taking your ass to school." He demanded. "If I have to drag you then I will."

"Whatever." I shook my head. 

I walked across the room and went into my bathroom then slammed the door shut. I took a quick shower and rushed out of the room after I got dressed. Of course, my dad was waiting for me at the end of the steps. He took a good look at my white tee shirt and my baggy jeans and immediately frowned. 

"Why are you dressed like you have no sense of class?" He asked. "Where did you even get those clothes from?"

"I'm going to school, not church." I answered him.

"Church is where you need to be." He snickered. 

I ignored his comment and followed him outside, then got into the limo. I didn't say a word to my dad the whole ride to Walton High. I was pissed that he was actually making me go to school when I literally only had three days to go, excluding today. It just didn't make sense to me why he wanted me to be so miserable.

After the long and uncomfortable ride, we had finally made it to Walton High school. Hundreds of kids flooded the campus, and most of them were gawking at the limo as we pulled into the parking lot. Security stuck to my dad and I like glue as they made sure we got inside of the building safely. Of course, all the girls outside screamed like they had seen a celebrity when they laid their eyes on me. I guess because I was a celebrity. I stifled a laugh at myself.

A tall African American woman dressed up in a business suit and heels stood by the office door and she gave my dad and I a warm smile.

"Goodmorning," She extended her arm out for my dad to shake her hand. "I'm Mrs. Rogers, the principal here."

I noticed that he gave the woman an odd look, and practically ignored her hand shake. Thinking it was just my dad being stuck-up, I didn't think a big deal of it. 

"You must be Andreson." She smiled at me.

"Yeah, or you can call me Andree." I smirked. "I prefer Andree, though."

"Unfortunately, that's not the name your mother and I gave you." My dad just had to add himself into the conversation. Even when it had nothing to do with him, he always wanted to be apart of it. 

"I am estatic that you decided to let your son enroll in Walton High." She said. "I give you my word that I am going to make sure he gets to all his classes and enjoys them just like any other student here, Mr. Valdez."

"That's good to know." My father rudely answered her. "Just contact my wife if anything goes wrong. Have a good day, son. I have to head to a meeting."

He patted me on the back and security escorted him back out of the building. I looked at Mrs. Rogers and could tell that she was bothered by how badly my father had treated her. I wanted to tell her that he was just a natural jerk, but I'm sure she already could tell that much. Maybe me saying nothing about it would do just as good as me saying anything at all. I mean, it wasn't really him that she had to deal with, right?