Twelve.

Andree

Another week passed by and of course my parents were still in Chicago, leaving me and Isa to have a lot of alone time. Speaking of her, after my shower I got dressed into some nice clothes and sprayed a little cologne because I knew she was coming over. Not that it mattered, but I wanted to look decent when she seen me.

After I was done freshening up, I went downstairs and to my surprise--Isa was already here and she was scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush.

"Why are you doing that when you can just use a mop?" I asked her. "It would be much easier, you know."

She looked up at me and sighed, "This is what your parents wanted me to do. No biggie."

It was odd and kind of mean that my parents wanted her to clean the floors with a toothbrush. I didn't know if they thought this was some kind of funny joke, but it wasn't to me. Maybe I would say something to them about it.

"I don't want you to do that, Isa." I said.

"Andreson, your parents ain't paying me for nothing." She said. "Just let me finish. It's not that big of a deal."

"Fine." I folded my arms.

I tried to sit around and watch as she cleaned the floors, but every second that passed by it bothered me even more. I decided that I was going to help her, since I had nothing else to do anyway.

I went upstairs and grabed the mop out of the closet and rushed back to where Isa was. She couldn't even get a word out before I dipped the mop into the bucket full of cleaner.

"Andreson, what are you doing?" She then asked me.

"I'm about to help you." I said. "I just can't sit here and watch you clean the floor with one stupid toothbrush. It'll take you forever!"

"Andreson--"

"Hush." I told her. "I got this."

I began mopping the floor, and I was done within twenty minutes. I knew that Isa was probably annoyed with me, but I didn't care. Anything that I could do to help, I would do without hestitation.

"If you're feeling tired, you can lie in my bed if you want to." I said as I began making my way upstairs. "I plan on playing the game or something to occupy myself."

"I'm not tired." She said. "So, I guess I'll just go home."

I immediately stopped in my tracks after hearing those words. There was no way that I could let her leave. I had only been able to see her for an hour at the most.

"You can't go." I said.

"Why is that?"

"Don't you wanna play the game with me or something?" I chuckled. "It's not like there is anything else for us to do."

"Fine." She smiled and folded her arms. "I'll watch you play the game."

I led her upstairs and into the entertainment room, and after she came inside I closed the door. I then went across the room and plopped down on the couch that was near the balcony, giving me a clear view of the sky getting darker by the minute.

"I thought you were gonna play the game." She said as she gave me a weird look.

"I lied." I smiled. "I just wanted to find an excuse for you not to leave me."

She laughed and then sat down on the couch next to me. "Sometimes, I wonder if you're plotting to kill me because I know that you are an Ese."

"I wouldn't kill you." I said, blankly.