Thirty-Three.

Isamariá

Wednesday. I was riding in the car with Ace, Mary, Justin, Tony, and Rosa. He had the top down Cadillac, and was playing some Dr. Dre on the radio. I loved getting Crunk on the weekday.

When we got to Walton High, I saw Andreson's car parked in the lot. I smiled and hopped out of the car, fixing my blue coat.

"See you at lunch, Isa!" Mary smiled.

"Bye guys!"

I walked inside the school, waving back and smiling at the numerous people who greeted me. I felt like December was going to be my month. It was going great so far.

And it got even better when I saw Andreson at the other end of the hallway. He was wearing a black jacket, with black pants, and some black Timberlands. Of course, his silky, black hair was slicked back into a ponytail. He looked good... He always looked good.

Then, I looked at myself. I was wearing some blue all-stars, dark black jeans and a blue coat. My hair was a big and curly mess as usual. I looked like a bum.... I always look like a damn bum. I sighed.

"What's up?" Andreson smiled as he leaned against the wall.

"Hey." I smiled, "You look cool."

"Thanks." He kissed me on the cheek. "You're beautiful."  

My heart dropped.

"Thanks." I tried not to blush.

"You ready for your birthday?" He asked.

"No!" I laughed. "I don't want to have this big party."

"Well, you're going to be a 'grown woman.'"

"Well, I don't need a big celebration for it." I shrugged. "I'll be happy with a cupcake, and maybe a balloon or something."

He laughed, "You're funny, Isa. I'll catch you later."

"Bye."

I smiled and walked off to class. The whole day I thought about him, even at lunch time. I constantly thought about what we would look like if we were together. He would be cool looking, and I would look like a rag doll.

That's what I guessed. That wouldn't be a good look. A cool looking Jock, with a raggedy doll.

No.

"Isa?" Mary asked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, " I shrugged. "I'm okay."

"You sure?" She smiled.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Oh okay."

The rest of the day I tried not to zone out as much so nobody would ask me questions. I just did my work, and stayed quiet unless someone asked me a question.

By the time school was over, I was totally bummed out. I looked and felt like crap. All I wanted was to go home and sleep for a million years. And, that's what I was gonna do, until I heard Mary call me.

I turned around and she ran up towards me, "Hey, where you going?"

"I was gonna go home and take a nap." I said.

"Isa, what's really wrong?" She inquired.

".... I look like Crap, Mary." I sighed. "I mean, look at me! I look like a raggedy doll."

"Isamariá, if you really feel like that, then let me give you a makeover." She laughed. "You shouldn't have to feel like that."

"You would give me a makeover?" I asked.