Thirty-Eight.

Isamariá

I had no clue where I was. The only thing I knew was that I got kidnapped by the KKK. They had put tape over my mouth, and around my legs and hands. Then, they threw me in the back of their truck, and some man held me at gunpoint so I wouldn't get out.

After hours and hours of being held at gunpoint in a truck, we finally stopped, and I was dragged into a small, dim building. Now, I was sitting near a long table by myself. That was, until some boy walked inside of the room.

He was a white boy, with black hair and Green eyes. He was wearing overalls and had on dirty sneakers.

"Umm... Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked at him, and his eyes widened and he laughed.

"Oh, yeah." He walked over towards me and slowly took the duct tape off of my mouth. "My bad."

"....Where are we going?" I asked in a low tone.

"I've been trying to convince my dad to bring you back..." He shook his head. "But the deal is sealed."

"Deal?" I raised an eyebrow. "What deal?"

"I can't say anymore." He sighed. "But, I gotta let you know... I'm not like my father. I promise you, I will try to get you out of here."

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"Because it's not right." He shook his head. "None of this.. I mean, I don't believe that this should happen to you or anybody else just because of the color of their skin."

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm helping you, remember?" He said. "Listen, when you leave, watch who you hang out with. Some of your 'friends' can be real snakes."

He got up and left me in the room by myself again. His advice sounded so familiar to Andreson's.

"Rebecca is a snake, and I don't think you should be around her."

Was Andreson telling the truth about everything? Maybe she did use him.... But, why would she use me?

"So, I heard you were friends with Andreson Valdez." Rebecca winked.

"Yes, he is so multa." Rosa fanned herself.

"Yeah, we're cool." I said.

"So, Rebecca and I were wondering if you could give him our numbers?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

Maybe, Rebecca did use Andreson. Maybe.... She used me, too.

Rebecca nor Rosa never said anything to me that whole year, and when they did, both of them asked me to give Andreson their numbers. Why would both of them try to get at him, but only Rebecca ended up dating him?

How did they even get in contact? Andreson never had any interest in either one of them... Well, that's what I thought. Then, all of a sudden they got together? And, Rosa was okay with it?

Something happened that I don't know about.

_________________

Andree

I stood in the driveway of my parent's mansion, with my hands in my pockets just looking at the over-sized home. As much as I didn't want to be here, I needed answers and I didn't know where to look.

I sighed, then closed my car door. I walked then walked towards the front door and stopped. I was hesitant, but I opened the door and walked inside.