Thirty-five.

Jada

The highlight of the day was probably seeing Rebecca at lunch. I never really liked her or Rosa, actually. They were always mean to me, and I didn't know why Isa talked to them.

Anyways, when Rebecca came into the lunchroom today, she became the laughing stock of Walton High. It wasn't funny how everyone was laughing at her, though. She looked pretty bad. But, why should I care? She never cared about me.

Besides that, I was happy that Isa and I were friends, again. We hadn't talked for a minute, but luckily that's over with. The only bad outcome of this, is that we don't really hang out too much at school. Then, when she came to school today, she looked like a totally different person. I don't know what Those girls are turning her into, but I didn't find it amusing.

Not to mention, she's still hanging out with that jerk, Andreson. He was such a racist loser, and I knew he had something to do with Isamariá going missing that one time. I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't going to let her continue being friends with him and put her life in danger. I just needed a good plan.

"What are you thinking about?" Joshua asked me, as he raised an eyebrow.

"Trying to think of a plan to get Isa away from that jerk, Andreson." I shook my head. "I can't think of anything."

"Just tell Isa that Andreson hurt you or something." Joshua shrugged.

"No, I can't just lie to her about something stupid." I snarled. "That would make me a bad person."

"Jada, you can't control her." He said. "I mean, if she wants to be friends with him, then let her. It's like taking me away from you."

He did have a point, but he wasn't getting my point.

"You're not getting my point, though!" I sighed. "Just... Just nevermind."

"Hold up, is that Isa over there?" He asked as he pointed across the section.

I looked over and seen Andreson sitting in a black, shiny Cadillac with Isa in the passenger side. They were having a conversation.

"Isamariá!" Joshua shouted. Isa turned and looked at us, then turned and said something to Andreson.

She smiled and got out of the car, and Andreson drove off shortly after that. She ran over to us, and was I surprised with what she was wearing? Yes. She had on a blue cropped shirt, with a black leather jacket, some tight jeans, and her all-stars. Her curly hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

"What happened to you?" Joshua asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Mary gave me a makeover." She said.

"You mean, popular Mary?" Joshua asked.

"Yes." She nodded.

"You look like a biker girl." I chuckled.

"Thanks, I guess." She shrugged.

"So, How come you were with Andreson?" I inquired.

"We were just hanging out." She blushed.

"Man, did you see what happened to Rebecca today?" Joshua's eyes widened. "She looked like she got jumped."

"That's what she told me... But, I don't think that's what happened." Isa sighed as she sat down.

"Yeah, her moms probably did it." He said.

"Who cares?" I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you like her?" Isa inquired. "She's a nice person."