Forty.

December 15th, 1992 

Isamariá

I didn't know what day it was, but I kind of assumed it was my birthday. I've been with these jerks for a couple of days, so I knew it probably was my birthday. I haven't took a shower or barely slept since. The white boy who was kind to me always snuck me some food and something to drink when his daddy wasn't paying attention.

Still, I didn't know where we were going. We went from car to a building, then we would go back to the cars and continue traveling. I didn't understand why these people didn't just kill me and get it over with. I was tired of being around them. I was tired of everything at this point.

And, all day I thought about Andreson. I wondered if he was sad that I was gone. Was he thinking about me? Or maybe he was laying in a bed with Rebecca right now. If he was, I wouldn't be surprised. But, I would be heartbroken.

Since I knew I was gonna die, I wish I could just tell  him that I love him, and I always wanted to be with him.

"Here you go." The white boy smiled as he handed me a sandwich.

"Thank-you." I said in a low tone. 

He sat down next to me in the random dim room that we were in. I gracefully took a bite of the sandwhich, happy that he brought me something to eat.

"I'm still trying to convince my dad to let you go, but he ain't budging." He sighed. "So, I got a better idea."

"What is it?"

"When we get to Alabama, I'm going to let you run off." He said. 

"We're going to Alabama?" My eyes widened.

"Yes."

Alabama. This was where I lived with my momma and my daddy. We were one nice family, we had a medium sized home, and I always went to visit my grandma on the weekends. That was, until my daddy died and my momma took it upon herself to get married again.

Stupid George.

"Montgomery, Alabama." He smiled. 

"Aren't you going to get in trouble for letting me run off?" I asked. 

"Maybe if I let you run off, he'll realize it's not worth it and he'll stop doing what he's doing." He said. "Plus, I'm going to turn him in."

"Wow."

______________

Andree

On a rainy, cold night, I sat in the dark of my dad's office and just waited for him to come home. These past couple of days, I finally put the pieces together.

Rebecca used Isamariá just to get to me. When we started dating, she used me for money and she got Rosa to record us and they sold the videos to the media. When I broke up with her, she knew that I wasn't coming back and that I liked Isamariá. My dad had somehow began talking to Rebecca, and they made a deal to get rid of Isamariá. My dad paid Rebecca to get the KKK to kill her. He invited her over for dinner that night.

I didn't know if my mother knew about all of this, but according to her dumb story she didn't. So I didn't talk to her. I just sat in my dad's office, waiting for him to walk in the door any minute now. Luckily, I got my wish.

The door swung open and on came the lights. My dad put a box down and then he looked at me.

"What the hell are you doing in my office?" He snarled.

"I was waiting on you to come home, jackass." I said. "Anyways, why did you pay Rebecca to get Isa killed by the KKK?"

"What ar-"

"Don't even lie!" I barked as I threw the box at him. "You're a racist piece of shit! Do you care about anyone else besides you?"

"I know one thing, if you say anything about this to anyone, you and me will be sitting in jail for life!" He snarled. "So you better not say a word."

"I'm not going to say a word." I growled. "That was all I wanted from you.. Just to admit what you've done. Now, I got something to do."

I walked out of his office and made my way upstairs. I left the house and jumped into my car, then sped off.

Almost an hour later, I made it to King's apartment. I stopped the car and quickly got out, then stormed inside. Everyone looked at me in confusion. I did blame them, I was soaking wet standing in the middle of the living room.

"I need you guy's help." I said.

"With what?" Greg asked.

"Isamariá got kidnapped by the Ku Klux Klan." I said. "They're going to Alabama. I need you guys to help me get her back."

"Hold on, the Ku Klux Klan?!" Money eyes widened. "White pointy hats, burn crosses and shit?"

"Yes."

"Are you crazy?" Jay asked. "Them Esses are fucking psycho. Like, on a whole different level."

"So, you're going to bitch out, huh?" I clenched my jaw. "Fuck it, I don't care."

"I'll help you." Hernando said. "You my lil brother."

"Me too." Minnie said.

"I will, too." Greg said. "What about you, Money?"

"I guess." She shrugged.

"Thanks guys." I said.

"So, what's the plan?" Hernando asked.

And, at that, we went into the back and got all of our weapons. Our knifes, guns, and grenades. Minnie ended up getting us a map to Alabama. We decided we were going to travel in two cars, also.

We packed some clothes, money and food. Hernando let our hoods up in the cars and we got in after leaving Jay inside. We rolled up to the gas station, filled our tanks up and we were out.

I was going to get Isamariá back.