Forty-One.

Jada

I haven't seen Isamariá since Friday morning. Word on the block was that she was kidnapped by the Ku Klux Klan, but I was too scared to actually believe it. But, today was her birthday, and I was starting to believe that this rumor was true.

I smoothed my short, black dress out and fixed my curly hair. Afterwards, I walked out of my bedroom and into the hallway.

"I'm going to Isa's party." I said. "See you later, Ma!"

I then walked out of my apartment and looked over. There were tons of people dancing around and partying. I even saw Isa's mother and George standing around, laughing. I guess this rumor wasn't true.

I smiled as I walked down the steps. I made my way towards George and Isa's mother, and I grinned.

"Good evening." I said. "Where's Isa at?"

"We don't know right now." Isa's moms shook her head.

I scrunched my eyebrows and walked off.

Why wouldn't they know where Isa is?

_____________

Andree

We had only been on the road for about two hours. It was still raining, and I was starting to get aggravated.

"Are you okay?" Minnie asked.

"No." I shook my head.

"....Are you thinking about Isamariá?"

I sighed, "Yeah. I just hope she's okay."

"Are you going to tell her?" She inquired.

"Tell her what?"

"That you love her."

I looked over at her, then shook my head and shifted my attention back to the road. "I don't know."

"Why not?" She smirked. "She loves you, too."

"What? You don't even know her." I laughed.

"I saw the way she looked at you when she visited us." She shook her head, then smiled.

"I don't know..... I don't think she does. She was about to go on a date with my friend and everything." I sighed.

"Well, at least she can't go on the date now?" She lifted her eyebrows. I gave her a look, and she chuckled a bit. "I'm kidding."

"I just feel like all of this is my fault." I said. "If I haven't been messing around with Rebecca, none of this would have happened. Now, Isa could be possibly dead because of me. I don't know how to explain that to people."

"You don't have to explain anything, because it's not your fault, Andree." She said. "If people are going to look at you like it's your fault, then obviously they're retarded. People have look at the fact that you're traveling all the way to Alabama just to save this girl and you don't even know if she's alive. You're a hero, okay?"

I never really thought about that. I've risked getting in trouble with my parents, going to jail for life, and a bunch of other shit just for Isa. I wonder if she thinks I'm her hero or not. But, I couldn't really think about that right now. 

We stopped at a red-light and I sighed, as I rubbed my head with my hands. Suddenly, there was a tap on the back of the car. Minnie rolled down her window and looked back. I knitted my eyebrows together in curiosity as I awaited on someone to tell me what's going on.

"What is it?"

"Money said she wants you to pull over after this stop." Minnie said as she rolled the window back up.

I groaned and shook my head, then sat back in my seat. When the light turned green, I sped off and turned into the other lane, then pulled over by the trees. I put the shift in park and I jumped out of the car. Minnie got out of Hernando's car and she walked up towards me.

"What?" I asked in an agitated tone. "I don't have time to be playing games with you, Money."

"I don't want to do this!" She shouted. "I'm tired of driving!"

"If you knew you didn't want to come, you should have stayed in New York." I snarled. "If you want to stay here, in the middle of the fucking road, then be my guest, because I don't care!"

"What's going on?" Minnie asked, as she stepped outside into the pouring rain with us.

"You know, all you care about is that stupid bitch you've been messing around with!" Money yelled. "Maybe if she's dead, you'll realize your whole life isn't about her!"

"You're nothing but a jealous bitch." I growled. "The only reason you're mad because I don't want you. I never liked you, nor will I ever fucking like you! Your personality is shit! You ain't shit, money. Without the gang, you ain't shit. And, you'll never be girlfriend material, so fucking quit."

"Fuck you, Andree." Money hissed. "You never have been anything but a spoiled walking pile of fucking money. You don't deserve to kick it with the crew, because you're not fucking Ese material. Without your moms and pops, you wouldn't have shit. You wouldn't have that car, you wouldn't have no money, and you wouldn't have that little bitch you've been fucking around with."

"Stop guys." Minnie said.

"Both of y'all motherfuckers get back in the car!" Greg shouted. "We don't have all day."

"I'm not getting back in the car." Money said.

"You can't stay here, we're in the middle of nowhere!" Minnie shouted. "Just get back in th-"

"No!" Money interrupted her. "I said I'm staying here."

"Whatever." I growled. I turned and looked over at Greg. "Alright, change of plan."

"What's up, b?" Hernando asked.

"Hernando, you driving yo car." I said as I walked back towards my car. "Minnie, you staying with me. Let's roll out, we're wasting time."

Hernando got out of my car and he got inside his car. I got inside mine, and rolled the window up and put my seat-belt back on. After Minnie got inside, we rolled out. I really didn't care where Money went. But, this was where I made a big mistake.

You're never supposed to leave an Ese behind.