Nineteen.

Jada

"Man, where is Isa?" I asked. "She said she was going to meet us here."

Joshua shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "She's probably with that Andree boy again."

We were currently in front of the liquor store in the Bronx. Isa, Joshua and I decided to meet here, and take the subway to Manhattan.

"Ugh." I groaned as I rolled my eyes. "Ever since she became friends with him, she doesn't even hang out with us anymore."

"Yeah." He said. "Let's just go without her."

We left the liquor store and began walking to the subway station.

"Guess who asked me to prom?" Joshua chuckled.

"Who?"

"Emma." He laughed.

"Wow." I shook my head. "You should just go with her."

"Noooooooo!" He laughed. "I'd rather go with someone else.... Like you."

I raised an eyebrow, "You want to go to prom with me?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smiled. "It would be cool."

"I don't know." I chuckled. "I'll think about it."

Okay, I'm not going to lie. I thought Joshua was so attractive.

He has a lot of curly hair and nice brown eyes. He had brown skin like Isa's and he was taller than me, reaching 5'10 at least. I did have a crush on him, but we were just friends.

Anyways, when we arrived to the subway station, we paid and got on the subway.

"I can't wait until I get a car." He said.

"Well, get your license." I rolled my eyes.

"I hope your eyes fall out." He smiled.

"I hope your hair falls out."

I giggled.

When we arrived in Manhattan, we left the station and began walking around the city.

"This would be better if Isa was here." I said. "She never misses a day in Manhattan with us! It's crazy!"

"Stop worrying about it." He said. "I mean, she probably have something to do. Or, she's with Andreson. No big deal."

"No big deal?" I asked. "This is a big deal. This is-"

He interrupted me by smashing his lips onto mines. I couldn't help but to kiss back... His lips were so soft.

When it began getting intense, I pulled back and my eyes widened.

"Did you just kiss me?" I asked.

"Did you kiss back?" He smiled.

"Why'd you kiss me, Joshua?" I asked him. "I never kissed a boy before.... I thought we were friends."

"Come on, Jada." He said. "I thought you would have gotten the hint by now! I like you!"

"Why?"

"You're so beautiful!" He exclaimed. "And, you're nice, and funny. You're my best friend.... But, I've liked you for years. I even told Isa! Everyone knew but you."

"Joshua," I smiled.

"I've waited so long to tell you!" He smiled.

"Joshua, I like you, too." I nodded, then tucked my lips in.