You Really Are Her (Bismuth)

Bismuth clutches her chest as Steven hops over to her with the breaking point in his hands. "Bismuth, this has to stop." Bismuth stares at the breaking point and tears up.

"So what are you going to do?! Shatter me?!" She thrusts the breaking point into her Gem. "Go ahead! Just do it!" Steven tears up. "No! Even if we don't agree, nobody deserves this!"

Suddenly, Steven accidentally actives the breaking point out of reflex, shattering Bismuth's gem and punching a hole through her entire body.

Bismuth looks up at Steven in shock. "Rose?" Bismuth tears up in anger. "You really are her, huh?" Steven stares at Bismuth in horror, speechless by his sudden action.

"Well, looks like my time is finally done on this planet." She forces a smile as she coughs. "We had a good run, Rose. Goodbye." Bismuth poofs and all that remains is her gem's shards.

Steven drops the breaking point and he backs away from Bismuth's shards. He clutches his chest as he presses a hand to his forehead. "Wh-what have I done?!"

Steven tears up even more as he collapses onto the platform. He doesn't care anymore as his body burns from the magma below him. "I shattered...a Gem!"

Steven pounds the ground in front of him. "I SHATTERED A CRYSTAL GEM!" He covers his eyes and he bawls over with emotion. Suddenly, Garnet jumps down onto the platform.

"Steven." She walks over to Steven and she presses a hand to his shoulder. Steven immediately looks behind him and he swats Garnet's hand off his shoulder.

"NO! GO AWAY! I'M A HORRIBLE CRYSTAL GEM! I'M BAD AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE AROUND ME!" Steven takes the breaking point and he points it at Garnet.

"Don't make me use this!" Garnet doesn't budge. Steven yells as he throws the breaking point across the room. It skids along the platform until it finally sinks into the magma.

Steven turns away from Garnet, fists clenched. "Steven, we're going home. This was Bismuth's fate. It was expected to happen."
"But was mine expected to happen too?!"

Garnet looks at Bismuth's shards. "I saw this. It just seemed so unlikely and impossible. But I guess...it was just meant to be."
"Why?! Why me?!" Garnet looks over at Steven.

"We can't save everyone. We can't change everyone. The best thing we can do, is save and change ourselves for the better. We all did what we had to during the war."

Steven faces Garnet. "Wh-What do you mean?" Garnet walks over to Steven and she bends down to wipe away his tears. "Rose Quartz isn't any different from you."

"What?"
"She also shattered a Gem."
"WHAT?!"
"Pink Diamond. She didn't want to do it. But during a war, you must do what you have to for your army, your beliefs, and your Earth."

Steven looks away. "She's never coming back, is she?"
"No, Steven. Bismuth's gone. But it was for the best. Her methods were a bit of reckless as it was."

Steven hugs Garnet. "I'm sorry. I'll never do anything like that again!" Garnet hugs Steven back. "Shh. It's alright. We're still here. You did what you had to."