A Crystal Gems' True Purpose (The New Crystal Gems)

After the disaster at the car wash, Connie, Peridot, Lapis and their pumpkin regroup at the temple the following day to discuss their issues. However, Peridot has her own perception of how things are supposed to be done. So does everyone else.

"I've done a lot of thinking about what's going wrong with this team up and I think it's obvious now that the problem is ALL OF YOU!" The others take a step back with a glare from her reproach.

"Connie, you completely lack Steven's sense of mentality. You would've had a much more inspiring speech yesterday." Connie narrows her eyes as Peridot turns to Lapis. "Lapis, your lack of humor has been hurting our morale. Maybe you should switch with Pumpkin."

Lapis rolls her eyes. "Let's make Pumpkin the Garnet. You should be the Pearl." Peridot rushes up to Lapis to counter her point. "I'm nothing like Pearl! She's so uptight and sensitive! How dare you! I'm leaving!" Pumpkin and Connie watch with fustration building inside of them.

"That's so funny! You should be Amethyst!"
"That's so dumb. You should be a clod!"
"Oh! So I'm a clod?! I think you're the clod!"
"Wow. Your Peridot impression is lousy too!"

Connie immediately swings the door open and she dashes out of temple and down the wooden steps towards the beach. Peridot and Lapis immediately stop as they turn their heads in the direction she ran. "Steven-I mean Connie!"

They hurry down after her as Connie rushes down the beach, quick on her feet. Little does she know though, a figure isn't far from where she is. What she plans to do one thing and that is to attack. The figure breaks the surface of the water and it crawls towards Connie.

Peridot and Lapis gasp as they look upon a being that the Crystal Gems have fought a consecutive amount of times whenever they had to. "A corrupted Gem?!" Peridot and Lapis grimace as it roars. The Gem is blue with red spots and a lot of beige fur on its back.

It's the Jasper that Connie has battled with Steven that day they were hanging out with Amethyst. The Gem immediately recognizes Connie even with the Steven shirt on. It sprints towards her, determined to achieve revenge.

"CONNIE, LOOK OUT!" Connie turns her head. "Huh?" The monster lunges towards her as Connie gasps. "WHOA!" She whips out her sword and she charges towards it with the tip pointing towards her. Lapis and Peridot exchange looks as they charge towards the monster as well.

They nod and Lapis faces the ocean. She grits her teeth as she draws a giant hand of water from its surface. Peridot looks around for any resources she could use. "Aha!" She spots a metal detector and she picks it up with a grunt without touching it.

She sends it towards the monster and she swings the detector into the back of its head. The monster roars in agony as it turns in Peridot's direction. "Uh-oh!" The monster charges towards Peridot as it roars once more in her rage.

Lapis grabs it with her water hand and she squeezes as it roars with anguish. It's roaring prolongs as it grows louder and louder. Connie covers her ears as Lapis grunts, grimacing. She yells as she locks in a fist causing the monster to poof in a cloud of steam.

The gemstone lands on the beach in a small explosion of sand. Connie looks up at the Gems, smiling. "Look at that. You don't have to be like Pearl or Garnet or even Amethyst. We don't have to be just like them. We can be us. The Crystal...Temps." Peridot and Lapis smile and they nod.

Connie looks down at the gemstone with a frown. "Uh, can any of you bubble Gems?" Lapis looks over at Peridot. "Didn't you bubble a Gem once, Peridot?" Peridot nods. "Allow me." She steps up to the gemstone in front of Connie's feet and she picks it up. She encases it with a green bubble which she taps the top of.

The bubble dissapates as The Crystal Temps look up at the sky. Connie frowns. "Wait a second. Didn't we forget about something?" She turns back to Lapis and Peridot as they raise an eyebrow. "Uh...maybe?"

"The car wash! Remember? You broke the sign! We need to make a new one." Peridot holds a finger up. "I can do that! You know, being a Peridot and all, I can fix things."
"And the rubble?" Lapis gives a thumbs-up. "I can wash that away myself."

Connie nods. "I'll get everything ready for The Crystal Gems' return. When they come back, I'll tell them what happened and then I'll take them over to the car wash." They exchange nods and they go their seperate ways to do what must be done.

"And that's how it all came together. What happened to you guys?" Steven looks over at the new sign that is being hauled over by Peridot and Lapis. "Oh. We can talk about that later." They set down the sign. "Ta-da! A new sign! We made it ourselves!"
Greg smiles with a gasp.

"I love it! That other sign was okay, but this one has some personality! Peridot grunts as she places it where the old sign was. She dusts her hands with triumph. "All in days work for The Crystal-!"
"Wait!" Lapis, Connie and Pumpkin join together for a pose. "Go Crystal Temps!"