I Just Wanted To Heal (An Indirect Kiss)

Steven lies in the arms of the Rose Quartz statue on the fountain, gazing into his mother's sculpted face. He turns his head to his left and he picks up a rose flower from the moss surrounding it.

Suddenly, Amethyst starts screaming the way a monkey would, startling Steven from his lament. Steven stares down at her disconnected head, covering his ears and gritting his teeth. He finally gets off the statue to cover her mouth to stop her from screaming.

Amethyst smiles at him. "Ay lliw pu reehc-huh?!" Steven turns around and he gasps. Vines with menacing thorns grow from the statue. They slam down towards Steven and Amethyst. Steven grabs Amethyst's head and he starts running. The vines get ahold of a hand and shoe as it crashes down.

Steven yells as bushes draw close towards him. He stops in his tracks for a moment. "AHH!" He rushes back down in the direction he came. Steven looks down at Amethyst's face. "Amethyst, where's your gem?!" Her free hand points to her upper body which contains her gem.

The body hops over as quick as it could on a single foot towards them. Steven gasps and he pants as he dashes for it. He lunges into the body with a yell and he somersaults with it until they crash down into the fountain. The bushes gather around it, surrounding Steven and Amethyst.

Steven looks up at them in anguish. He holds Amethyst's head up to his cheek, disoriented by what's happening around him. He looks down at Amethyst's chest. "Amethyst! I'm sorry!" Amethyst looks up at him as he faces her. "I can't do anything right!"

His eyes well up. "Now I'm going to lose you and it's all my fault!" Amethyst glitches once more. "Ha ha. You...care...about...me." Amethyst widens her eyes as Steven pulls her in towards him. He closes his eyes as he sneaks a quick brush on her lips as she widens her eyes.

He pulls away from her with his eyes glistening with tears. Amethyst looks down, feeling guilty for all of the things that have happened to them. Was the kiss one of desperation or was it one that came out of actual love? She decides to keep her mouth shut.

"Please let me be a magic healer." A tear slips from his eyes and it splashes down into the crack on Amethyst's gem. Steven sobs for a moment. His eyes shine until he notices that the tear didn't work. He frowns. "Oh come on!"

The bushes stop shaking. Steven raises his eyebrow as he turns to face them. "Huh?" Suddenly, a vine lunges into Steven followed by another one and a third and...several more. Amethyst gapes as Steven drops her. "STEVEN!" Steven screams as the vines tear into his flesh.

Amethyst glitches one last time as she squints her eyes. She clenched her teeth as the crack on her gem reaches the end. The Gem snaps in two and Amethyst gasps. The world starts to dim and slow down in her eyes. A tear rolls down her cheek. She coughs as she looks up at Steven.

"St-Steven, I...I...c-care...about you...too." The last word clings on Amethyst's tongue. Steven looks down at her with tears streaming out of his eyes. Amethyst closes her own and she dissipates in a cloud of smoke. "AM-AMETHYST?!"

Steven hangs in mid-air helplessly as the vines cut deeper into him. He grits his teeth as he gazes at the statue of his mother. The pain starts to numb as Steven inches closer towards his end. "I don't understand, mom. Why can't I be a magic healer...like you?"

Steven starts to lose sight of the world around him. "I just wanted...to heal." He starts to relax, realizing that it's going to be over for him very soon. His voice starts to weaken. "Did I not care about her enough? Did I do something wrong?"

His eyes start to droop. "Am I not doing it right? Please, tell me." His vision blurs until he sees nothing but death. He lets out one final breath and he leaves his corpse for good. "STEVEN! AMETHYST!" Pearl and Garnet rush over towards the fountain.

They stop in their tracks and they stare at the Steven's lifeless body. "Oh no." Pearl covers her mouth as Garnet glares at the horrific sight in front of them. "No." Pearl's eyes well up and she tears up. "What do we do now, Garnet?! They're gone!"

Pearl starts hyperventilating as Garnet looks over at Pearl. "You could go break the bad news to all of his friends." Pearl raises an eyebrow. "Wh-What?"
"Just-!" She groans, facepalming. "Go do it!" Pearl hurries off, panting with tears flowing from her eyes. "

Steven smiles at Connie who is staring at him, flabbergasted. "So in conclusion..." He glows and he transforms back into the original form as Connie gapes. Pearl is wearing an old pair of Steven's clothes on her form.

She gives Connie a sad smile. "I was Steven the whole time."
"WHAT THE-?!" Pearl pats Connie on the back. Connie drops the juicebox in her hand. "I'm sorry for your loss. Have a nice life, Connie." Pearl gets up and she walks off as Connie rolls her eyes until she collapses on her back.