I Have Failed You (Room For Ruby)

The Roaming Eye soars through the sky as Navy laughs in glee from being behind the wheel of the Ruby ship. Steven stands next to her, completely unaware and oblivious of Navy's optimal scheme for revenge. "This is perfect! The Crystal Gems finally have a pilot!"

Peridot sits in another chair nearby with Pumpkin panting on her lap. "Things are going okay now, huh?" Lapis looks down at her from above as cheerful as she was all day, finally giving in to Navy's innocence. "Yeah. Yeah they are."

Navy turns her head to face Steven. "Hey, Steven, hit that button behind you and I'll show you what this baby could REALLY do." Steven points to a yellow button at the very back of the ship. "Yeah. That's the one!" Navy smiles as Steven turns to dart for the button. "I'm gonna press it!"

Steven presses his hand down on the button and a red glass cylinder encases Navy as the hatch opens, knocking everyone else out. Steven clings onto the ship with Lapis grabbing onto his legs and Peridot all the way in the back holding on to Pumpkin.

"Navy! Hello! Navy! I think something went wrong with the ship!" Navy's smile enlargens for she finally has Steven and the others right where she wants them: TRICKED out of the ship. "The only thing wrong..." She turns to face them.

"Is that you're still holding on!" She laughs as Steven snaps back to reality. "Wait! All this time, all you wanted was your ship?!" Steven blinks a glare at her. "You could've just stolen it to begin with!" Navy rolls her eyes to one side.

"I COULD have done that. But then I would never have gotten to see the look on your face when you were TRICKED..." She rests her head on the palm of her hand as her eyes shine. "By your favorite little Ruby!" She laughs as Lapis finally realizes the truth. She was right all along.

"What?!" Peridot yells out to them as she dangles in the back. "Hey! I can't hear what's happening! Is Navy showing us the ocean?! Cause this is a heck of a way to do it!" Lapis glares as Navy turns back to the controls. She holds on to Steven as she climbs towards her.

Once she's inside, Lapis grabs onto the control panel nearby as she grits her teeth. She claws her way through them, holding on to chairs and whatever she can hold on to as she brings herself closer and closer to the front of the ship. She grunts as she reaches for Navy's chair.

Navy turns her head and she gasps as Lapis grabs at the cylinder protecting her. "You dirty little-!" Navy shakes her head as she shuts the hatch, trapping her and Lapis inside. Navy grimaces as the cylinder rises back up and out of sight.

"Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!" Lapis grins as she grabs Navy and launches her into the back of the ship. Navy rebounds off of it and she hits the floor. She looks up with a glare. "No! You will not interfere! Not when I'm THIS close!" She clenches her teeth as Lapis laughs at her. "Now whose the one getting mad?!"

Navy whips out a chisel from her gem. It's the exact same weapon Eyeball had when she tried to stab Steven in space. With no water in sight, Lapis jumps out of way, defenseless. Navy lunges into her and they crash down as the ship flies on its own.

Navy laughs as she raises her weapon above Lapis' face. "Once your out of the way, I can finally take the whole platoon out of space and report your alliance to Yellow Diamond! You're all doomed! This was my best trick yet!"
Lapis turns to the yellow button a few feet away from her.

She grunts as she reaches for it. Navy sends the weapon down towards Lapis. She slams her hand down on the button and she chuckles as the hatch opens once more. "NO!" Navy and Lapis scream as they fly out of the ship, crashing down towards the ocean below.

After they splash down, Lapis pops her head back out as Steven and Peridot look around for Navy. "Navy! Navy! Where are you?!" Navy sinks down towards the bottom of the ocean as she looks up to the surface. "I have failed you." She closes her eyes as Lapis grabs her.

Navy breaks out of the surface, panting as she growls. "So close! So close!" She pounds the water as she looks up at the out of control Roaming Eye as it flies out of sight. Navy looks down as Steven and Peridot frown at her. "Navy, why did you do that?" Navy looks away as she bites her lip.

"That's none of your business." Her tone turns cold as she starts marching back to shore. Lapis snickers as she watches Navy sulk her way out. "I was right! No one could be that well-adjusted!" Navy reaches the shoreline as Garnet stands before her.

Steven, Peridot and Lapis follow from behind her as Garnet looks at the two balloons in her hand. One in red says "Welcome to the party" while the other one in blue says "Sorry for your loss" Ironically, Navy gets both as Garnet hands them to her.

"Welcome to Earth." She shrugs as Navy sighs. "I really though I could just...get away, you know? I knew you had the ship. I just waited until it was too late. You all probably hate me now, don't you?" Lapis places her hand on her shoulder as Navy sniffs.

"Now I'll never get back to Homeworld and the others will be stuck up there forever. And it's all because I failed them. I...have to go." She walks away with the two balloons as Garnet and others smile at her. "There goes a new Crystal Gem in the making." Navy keeps going until she's out of their sight.