The New Steven (The New Lars)

After realizing that Lars' mind could still be in his body, Steven and Sadie hurry to the temple where Steven's body would reside. Jenny, Buck and Sour Cream make their way down the sidewalk with a silver trophy in their hands.

Jenny smiles at the trophy in triumph. "At least we got second place." She spots Steven and Sadie rushing past them. "Hey look! It's Lars and donut girl!" At that same moment, Lars' parents are taking a casual walk with sweet ice cream cones in their hands.

"It seems like Lars is really turning a corner." The two tap their ice cream cones together. Lars' dad spots Steven and Sadie hurrying past them as well. "Oh! Speak of the devil! Where is he going? And whose that girl?"
"Let's follow him and find out."

Lars' parents run after them with Sour Cream, Jenny and Buck right behind them with enthusiasm. "Oh, Martha!" Steven and Sadie reach the temple as they rush up the stairs, panting. Steven tries to open the door.

"It's locked!" Steven lunges into the door and Lars' body rebounds onto the porch. Sadie kicks the door open, shattering the glass and splitting the door into two parallel halves. The others look up at the scene unfolding before them with the exact opposite reaction.

"Why are they breaking into Steven's house?"
"Our Lars a burglar." Lars' dad pulls Martha into him and the heartbroken couple close their eyes. "Now now. We know we've been ready for this day."

Steven and Sadie hurry up the stairs towards Steven's room. They pant as they look down at the sleeping, unconscious body. "There you are! How do you switch back?!" The pursuers enter the house with caution.

"This looks weird but don't jump to conclusions." They look up and they gasp. Steven attempts to shake his body awake. "Come on! Wake up!" He slaps his face, desperate to switch back. Suddenly, a pair of arms drags him away.

"H-Hey! Let go of me!" Steven feels himself being dragged away from his body from his bed and down the steps. "Lars, what are you doing?!"
"Shame on you, young man!" Steven continues to get dragged out of the temple as Sadie yells down to them.

"No! Wait! You don't understand! That's not the real Lars!" The crowd yells at Steven as he gets dragged farther and farther away. "I can't believe that you would go out of your way to bust into someone else's home and...!"

Sadie grits her teeth as she hurries after him, ditching Steven's body. "Stop! That's not Lars!" The room is silenced as the yells fade away. Lars opens his eyes from within Steven's body, groaning. "What?" He looks around in a daze.

"Hey, wait a second." He sits up and he looks down at himself. "This doesn't feel right. Is-Is this a dream!" The temple door opens and Pearl steps out, holding an item in her hands. "Hmm..." Lars gasps. "Wh-Who are you?!" Pearl looks up and she raises her eyebrow.

"Oh. Good morning, Steven." Lars repeats what she just said. "Steven?" He gets off the bed and he proceeds down the steps. "Uh...Steven, are you okay? You're acting very strange to-!" She looks up and she screams.

"Th-The door! Something broke into the temple!" Pearl embraces Lars. "Steven, stay close. I'll call Garnet and Amethyst."
"Wait, who?!" Pearl rushes to the temple door. She knocks on it and moments later, the Gems enter one after the other.

"Pearl, we got the message!"
"Hey, Ste-man! What's up?!" Lars grits his teeth. "I swear, when I find that little...I'm going to..." Pearl stares down at him, glaring. "What was that?" Lars turns to the front door with anticipation.

"I swear! He's been acting strange all morning! As you can see, the front door is busted! Something or someone must've broken in here!"
"Whoa! Look at that door!" Amethyst laughs and Pearl facepalms. Lars finally bolts down towards it.

The Gems gasp and Garnet blocks the only exit. "Steven, you're not leaving this temple until we find out what's wrong with you!" Lars sprints into Garnet and Steven's body hits the ground with a grunt. He groans as he gets back up.

"Alright. Gems! We're going on mission!" Garnet grabs his left hand. "Come on, Steven. We're going to find whoever did all of this and we're going to get your memory back." Lars looks up at Garnet's face in desperation.

"Please! Let me go! I've got a job! I've got a friend! I've got a family! I've got a life that isn't anything like this! I'm not even Steven! I'm Lars! Didn't Steven tell you about me?! You've got to know who I am!" Garnet drags him onto the warp pad.

"Don't worry, Steven. When this mission is over, you'll be back to your normal fun-loving, carefree self again." Pearl puts a hand on his back. "That's right, Steven. Things will be much better soon." The warp pad activates as a single tear slips down Steven's face.

The Gems dissapate along with him as he gazes out the door one last time. "Sadie...I'm sorry."
"Garnet, we should really consider building a fence."
"Or a better door."
"That too!"

Lars looks back at his old life as he travels in the tunnel of light, wondering how his life has gotten so weird that he became a part of that weirdness and how he must be the one to embrace the destiny and body of a Crystal Gem.