Healing Malfunction (Ocean Gem)

The stars scintillate in the outer reaches of space where Steven and Lapis sit on their knees on top of a water pillar as tall as the ocean could get it. They beam down on Lapis who bends her head down with heavy sigh, closing her eyes for a moment. "I just--wanna go home."

Steven faces her, frowning. "I know how important home can be. But, that's why I'm here. You took the ocean away and the ocean is an important part of my home." Lapis opens her eyes as she turns to Steven, pressing a hand to her chest.

"I'm only using the ocean because my gem is cracked. If I just stretch it far enough-!" She sighs as she shrugs. "This is never going to work!" She embraces herself, assuming the position once more as her uniform billows from the slight breeze.

Steven raises his eyebrow as he notices the cracked gemstone embedded on Lapis' back. He gasps as his eyes bulge from the moment. "I can fix your Gem! I have healing powers!" Lapis follows suit, immediately turning around as she raises an eyebrow.

"Wait. You have healing powers?" Steven abruptly jumps up with a toothy grin full of vigor. "I know right?!" Lapis quits her frowning as she turns her back towards Steven. "Oh! What should I-!" Steven bites his lip as he scratches the back of his head. "Oh. Uh, sorry."

His eyes droop as he contemplates on Lapis' potential reaction to the odd favor. "This--might be a little weird."
"What?" Lapis remains still as Steven licks his hand, covering the palm with his saliva. He slaps his hand against the gemstone, causing Lapis to cringe and shiver.

Steven takes a couple steps back and he waits for his results. The saliva on Lapis' gem slivers down in and out of the cracks as Steven grits his teeth. Finally, it starts to trickle down her lower back down to her skirt as Lapis' eyes droop.

"Steven, is it working?" Steven immediately brings his hand to his face to gaze upon his clear, smily spit moving down the palm with little resistance. "Steven?" Steven brings his hand back down and he casts his eyes on it--and towards the gem.

Lapis narrows her eyes, her frown returning with a demanding tone of voice. "Steven, is it working?!" Steven gulps as he rushes back up to the gemstone. "Uh, hold on a second! Maybe it needs more!" Steven licks his hand again with the saliva already covering it and he slaps the gem again.

Lapis grunts from the shove and Steven attempts to slap on more saliva onto the drenched gemstone. He starts panting after a dozen attempts. "Maybe--I need--one more!" Lapis clenched her teeth as Steven licks his hand for the upteenth time. "Enough!" Lapis grips his arm, forcing him to quit his foolish efforts.

Steven grimaces as Lapis huffs, her mirror eyes bulging. "It's not going to work!" She casts her eyes on Steven's saliva covered hand. She points to it, raising an eyebrow. "What is that?" Steven grimaces as he holds his tongue.

Lapis' face scrunches. "What is that stuff, Steven?!" Steven forces himself to resist informing Lapis of the truth behind his unintentional disgusting session with her. Steven's cheeks heat up as Lapis tightens her grip. "Steven, tell me what this is!"

After a few moments, Steven cracks up a short confession that couldn't be clear enough. "I-!" Lapis gawks at him seconds later, covering her mouth as she backs away. Her eyebrows cross as her forehead furrows. "Did you-!" She pounds the water as she gets up, reproaching Steven.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Steven doesn't know how to respond anymore. He wanted to help heal Lapis' gem--and he really thought he could do it. Instead, he receives the whammy and he knows that it's only a matter of time before Lapis loses it on him.

Lapis thrusts a trembling finger towards Steven. "YOU!" Steven jolts as he yelp, his back crashing onto the glossy water platform. He splashes on impact, causing the platform to ripple. Lapis stomps. "YOU TRICKED ME!" Steven sits up and he crawls back.

"I SHOULD'VE KNOWN! YOU REALLY ARE ONE OF THEM!" Steven extends his hands out, shaking his head. "No no no! Lapis, I was trying to heal your gem! I thought it would work!" Lapis stomps the platform again, grinding her teeth as balls her hands into fists. "YOU'RE LYING!"

Lapis steps towards Steven, her mirror eyes reflecting upon his fright. Steven scrambles, trying to back away as fast as Lapis could reach him. Lapis scoffs as she stops in her tracks. "I don't understand! You freed me from the mirror! But then, you had the nerve to come up to me and taint my gem with your--stuff!"

The platform starts to shake as bits of the water pillar start to crumble. Steven reaches the edge as Lapis resumes her threat. "You shouldn't have came here! Now it's too late for either of us to go back home!" Steven gulps as he turns his head towards the dried up Earth, devoid of it's grand ocean waters.

Steven jolts as the tower wobbles, turning back to his hostile friend who has been losing her patience with him by the second. She snaps out of her rage as she starts to lose her footing on the platform. "Whoa!" Steven gets up and he grasps Lapis' hand as he stumbles towards her.

Lapis growls as she faces him once more. "Look at what you've done! It's gonna come down!" He looks down at the cracking platform as he whimpers. "Oh no!" The tower starts to break off and collapse as Steven and Lapis hold each others hands. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I just wanted to bring the ocean back!"

Lapis scoffs at the irony. "Well it looks like you've finally done it, Steven! But we're going down with it!" Steven and Lapis fall helplessly flailing their arms and legs, picking up momentum by the second. They crash down into the clouds and down towards the basin of water as it crashes down onto the surface with earsplitting booms.