I'm A Crystal Gem (The Return)

The hand ship lands it's fingers on the beach with a startling boom. Sand rushes through the Gems who watch expectantly with tension. A spherical pod pops up from the ship. It rolls down towards the index finger before it reveals Lapis, Peridot, and a new Gem.

Peridot points down at the Gems. "That's them all right. They're the ones who keep breaking my machines." The big, buff Gem steps up to her and she narrows her eyes. "This is it?" Peridot grits her teeth. "Jasper, they keep interfering with my work!"

Jasper sighs as she steps up to the tip of the metallic finger, glaring down at the Gems. "Looks like another waste of my time." Jasper reaches behind her. "Hey! Get over here." She pulls out Lapis who pulls her arm away from her with a grunt.

She looks down and she gasps. Steven widens his eyes. "Lapis." Jasper points down. "This is their base?" Lapis looks away. "Yes." Garnet and the other Gems stand their ground. "You need to leave immediately!"
"Yeah, step off!"
"This is not a Gem-controlled planet!"

Peridot and Jasper gripping Lapis' arm jumps off onto the beach. Jasper lets go of Lapis and folds her arms. "Neither of you saw Rose Quartz? Oh what a shame. I'd hoped to meet her. I looking forward to beating her into the ground!"

Steven cringes at her comment. "Euegh."
"But this is all that's left of her army? Some lost defective Pearl?! A puny overcooked runt?! And this shameless display?! Hm?!" Jasper points at Steven. "What is that?"

The Gems gasp as they prepare themselves. "It calls itself Steven." Lapis defends him. "He's just a human! He isn't a threat at all! He-He's not one of them!"
"I know what a human is. You don't need me for this. Just blast them with the ship."

Peridot sighs as Jasper walks away. "Fine." Peridot gets her screen up as the ship moves back up into the air. The Gems gasp and whimper as the ship gets into the position. The pointer finger extends itself in their direction.
The ship activates and a light grows at the finger's tip.

Garnet turns her head towards Steven. "Steven, get out of here!"
"No!"
"I won't let you risk your life!" Steven grits his teeth as looks up at the hand ship.

Peridot holds her finger down on the screen. "Firing." She releases it and the Garnet throws Steven away from them. They brace themselves for impact as Steven gets up. "GUYS!" The area implodes and Steven lies on the sand, defeated.

Steven opens his eyes and he sits up. He gasps, noticing the gems in front of him. "That's it, Rose!" Jasper steps up to the Gems, smirking. "There goes your army! One by one!" She steps on the four gemstones, shattering each one at a time.

Steven charges into Jasper with a yell, tears flowing from his eyes. Jasper catches him and she hurls him into the sand. "It's incredible how after all these years, your idea for a return would be to have three out of place Gems and this...HUMAN!"

Lapis grits her teeth. "Let him go!" Jasper turns to face Lapis. "You wanna put up a fight with your Homeworld, Lapis?!" Lapis summons two water hands from the ocean and Peridot gapes at her. "Let Steven go. NOW!" She lash a water hand at Jasper.

She takes the hit with a grunt. "Why you!" She whips out an electric weapon from her cloak. She summons her helmet and she charges towards her. Steven gets up and he runs after Jasper.

"Leave her alone!"
"STEVEN, RUN!" Peridot grabs Lapis and she holds her down. Lapis struggles to break free from her grip as Jasper lunges the weapon at her. "I've been saving this destabilizer for Gems just like you!"

Steven, with all of the adrenaline he can muster, races Jasper as they head towards Lapis. "STEVEN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Jasper looks behind her, slowing down. "Huh?" She gasps as Steven slides past her as she lunges the destabilizer into the ground from where he was.

She reaches Lapis first, panting. He grits his teeth as he summons his sheild just before Jasper can shock her. "Steven?!" Jasper rebounds back into the sand with a thud and a grunt. The sheild dissapears and Steven turns to face Peridot and Lapis.

"Let her go!" Peridot gasps as she whips out her own destabilizer. "Take one more step and I'll poof her!" She holds the destabilizer up to Lapis' neck. "Steven, just go! I'll be okay!"
"No! I'm not leaving you behind! We're beach summer fun buddies remember?!"

Lapis gasps. "Steven, behind you!" Jasper grabs Steven and she pins him down. "GOTCHA, ROSE! No more running! Steven groans as he looks up at Lapis with tearstained eyes. "LAPIS!"

Peridot smirks. "You're coming with us." Lapis breaks out of Peridot's grip and she punches her in the face, cracking her visor. Lapis turns to Jasper and she summons a water hand and she smacks her away from Steven.

"Steven, we can't fight them! Please! Just go!" Steven shakes his head. Lapis glares at him. "Why not, Steven?! Why aren't you going to just let me do this for you?!"

"Because a Crystal Gem isn't supposed to run away to save themselves! They are supposed to stay and fight to protect the Earth!" Lapis gawks at him. "Come on!" Steven rushes to Peridot. He snatches the destabilizer from her and he strikes it into Peridot's gem.

She poofs with a gasp. "See?! We can fight them! We just need to work together!" Steven bubbles the gemstone and he sends it away. The ship crashes down towards them. "STEVEN, WATCH OUT!" Steven looks up and he gasps.

Lapis summons a water hand and she quickly pulls him out of the way. The ship crashes onto the beach and it explodes. Steven coughs and he looks around. "Lapis?!" Steven finds his way through the smoke.

Jasper catches up to him and she pants. She collapses in front of Steven. "How, Rose?! How are you still fighting?! I destroyed your army! I destroyed everything you've ever had! Your base! Your friends! HOW?!" Steven glares down at her.

"I'm a Crystal Gem, Jasper. And I'm not Rose. My name is Steven!"
"But you have her sheild...and-and that symbol! Why are you like this?"
"I just...am." Jasper coughs on her knees. She looks up at Steven with tears on her eyes.

"Twice now you have defeated me! Even as a human you've somehow won again. You truly are a worthy opponent." Jasper looses the tension building up inside of her. "I just don't understand how you can be so great."
Steven stares down at her, motionless.

"Well, aren't you going to do it?"
"Do what?"
"Shatter me! What else!" She tugs on Steven's shirt. "What are you waiting for?! Just do it already!" Steven shakes his head. "But...I don't want to."
Jasper stares at Steven, flabbergasted.

"Wha! But you must!" Steven shakes his head. Tears stream down Jasper's cheeks. She looks down at the ground. "Then..." She reaches into her cloak. "I'll take you out instead!" She whips the destabilizer out and she lunges it into Steven with a yell.

Steven catches it and Jasper forces it into Steven only to shock him. Jasper gasps. "WHAT?! YOU'RE IMMUNE TO THESE THINGS NOW?!" Jasper pulls back the destabilizer from Steven's hands and she screams. She pounds the ground, heaving. "WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME?!"

She turns the destabilizer the other way. She grits her teeth and she strikes the destabilizer into her own gem. She closes her eyes and she poofs. Steven slowly and carefully picks up her gem. He stares at it as he bubbles it. He looks on at the horizon with somber eyes as he sends it away.