You Can't Save Everything (Gem Drill)

The Cluster shards talk to each other as they try to agree on not taking form. "Want to. Need to. Want-!" Suddenly, the void flashes as the shards scream out in unison. "CAN'T STOP! GOING TO FORM! CAN'T STOP! GOING TO FORM!"

Steven frowns as he looks upon the flashing shards as they call for help. "It's okay! If I can just bubble you, you won't have to come out!" He bubbles a shard. "It'll keep you safe! Here, look, like this!" He bubbles another shard. "I can bubble YOU!" Another bubble. "I can bubble YOU! I can bubble YOU!"

He pants as he watches the mass converge. "Well, that's five out of...oh geez." Steven watches helplessly as the shards continue to form. "I'M SORRY!" He sheilds his eyes from the light. "I CAN'T DO IT ALONE!" Steven floats away from the Cluster as he reaches out to it one last time.

"Steven, wake up!" Peridot shakes Steven. He opens his eyes for a moment before closing them again. "The Cluster is about to form!" Peridot rushes over to her controls as the glow brightens further. Peridot grits her teeth. "Sorry, Steven. But there some things you cannot save."

She presses a button on her control panel. "Firing rudimentary missiles!" She presses her thumb against the button of her controls. "Ngah!" Missiles fire from the drill as they make a direct hit on the Cluster. An explosion occurs between them. Peridot growls.

"I still got a few other accessories." She presses another button on the control panel. "Alright! Firing laser beam!" A compartment of the drill opens on the outside to reveal a canon. Peridot holds both buttons on her controls as she thrusts them forward.

The laser heats up the Cluster, turning it red. Smoke emits from its surface as Peridot's forehead sweats. She pants as she presses another button. "Destabilizer Cannon!" She fires the beam of lightning at the Cluster and it's glow starts to dim.

Peridot smirks. "Nyeh heh heh heh. Good. It's weakening!" The Cluster convulses as the light fades back into its earlier state. Peridot holds the beam on the Cluster until the energy is depleted.

"Wow, thanks, Jasper. And now, we will resume with more missiles." She presses two buttons from the top right to one right in front of her. "Alright. Loading missiles two and six." The missiles snap into place. "Fire."

She fires the missiles into the Cluster once more. A huge crack is marked on the Cluster's surface. Peridot's lips curl as she hears the crack. "It's such a shame that it has come to this eh, Yellow Diamond?" She presses another two buttons.

"Loading missiles three...and four." Once they snap into place, Peridot presses one more button on the control panel to her far right. "Also loading missile number five for good measure." Once that snaps into place, a gasp erupts behind Peridot.

"NO! What are you doing?!" Steven gets up and he rushes onto his seat. "Steven, you can't save everything!" Steven glares at her. "But this is wrong! You're hurting them! Are you seriously going to go back to that awful Peridot that I once knew?!"

Peridot's controls shake as Peridot glares at the Cluster. "Steven, you don't understand." Steven growls. "Yes I do! But you don't! They don't want to form!" Peridot shakes her head. "Steven, this isn't your fight to handle. It's too late." Steven lunges at Peridot.

He tries to take the controls out of her grip. However, Peridot is much more determined than he is. She knows what must be done. She kicks Steven off of her and she presses her thumbs against the buttons. "WAIT!" The missiles fly right into the Cluster.

They implode on the crack, destroying whatever remaining life was left from it. The Cluster's light dissapears and the chaos is silenced. Peridot pants and she closes her eyes. "It is done." Her eyes narrow as she watches the leftover fire burn out.

She turns her head to her right to see Steven lying on his back, twitching. His eyes are closed and he is still gritting his teeth with a fixed glare on his face. Peridot presses a hand against his forehead and she widens her eyes.

"Out cold." She focuses back on the controls. A single tear slips out from her left eye. She presses a hand against her forehead and she groans as closes her eyes. "Why was I chosen for the Earth mission?" She presses a green button on the control panel.