Refusing To Understand (Jailbreak)

The hand ship crash lands on the beach and it explodes seconds after impact. Rocks fall from the sky as they splash into the ocean below them as Lion darts in. The lion looks and wanders until it senses the Gems.

With a roar, a pink bubble reveals itself and it dissipates, freeing the four Crystal Gems inside. Garnet, beaten and exhausted, smiles down at Steven. "Nice work." Steven smiles, his eyes shining with stars.

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe you're a fusion all the time!"
"You met Ruby and Sapphire?!"
"Oh no! We were going to introduce you!" Pearl looks over to Garnet. "Garnet, the plan!" Garnet shrugs.
"We were waiting for your birthday."

The Gems get up. "We can still do it! I'll just pretend I didn't know!" Amethyst chuckles as an orange hand breaks through the rubble. Jasper breaks out, beaten from her battle, heaving. The Gems turn to face her with a gasp. "Huh?!"

Jasper stumbles towards them, groaning in anguish until she collapses on her knees. She looks up at her victor with fury. "Don't think you've won. You only beat me...'cause you're a fusion! If I had someone to fuse with I would be just as powerful as you!"

She looks back down, groaning. Steven looks around. "Lapis?" There is no response or movement. Garnet looks down at Steven, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Looks like Lapis Lazuli didn't survive the crash. Peridot is missing and Jasper is right where we needed her to be."

Jasper gets up. "No! You will not-! Ugh!" She collapses again. "I...I won't let you. I can't let you! Not when I'm this close!" She starts reaching out to them, clawing her way over. "Please! Give up!" She heaves with each grab with each pull she makes.

Garnet steps up to the fallen Gem. She bends down to talk with her. "Jasper, you didn't lose because you weren't a fusion. You lost because you were irrational and you underestimated me. You focused on what you saw on the inside rather than from within."

Jasper looks up raising an eyebrow. "What?! What is that supposed to mean?!"
"You are devoid of understanding and rationalism. If you really want to understand, I can help you." Garnet smiles while everyone behind her gasp.

Garnet reaches down to take her hand. "I DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND!" She smacks her hand away. "I already do. You're all traitors to your Homeworld...and your Diamond." Jasper grits her teeth. "You are the ones who need to understand, not me."

Jasper tries to get back up again as she slowly regains her strength. "I'll...I'll make you...understand!"
"Perhaps another day then. GEMS!" Garnet jabs her fist into the palm of her other hand, summoning her gauntlets.

She throws a punch towards Jasper who quickly ducks out of the way. She looks over at the ocean. She darts towards it as Amethyst and Pearl pull their weapons out of their gems. Amethyst lashes her whip out at Jasper. She stomps on the end of it and she looks up at the Gems, glaring.

"You're not even close to stopping me!" Pearl fires her ball of light towards Jasper. Jasper quickly deflects it with her helmet after she summons it. "Until next time, Crystal Gems!" She runs into the ocean. She turns back to them.

Jasper takes a step back into it as she calls out each Gem. "We'll meet again, Pearl! Runt! Fusion!" She narrows her eyes at Steven. "Rose." She grits her teeth as she turns to the ocean, dissapearing beneath the surface.
The weapons dissapear as the Gems stare out at the horizon.

"Till then." Garnet adjusts her visor. Steven's ringtone goes off. Steven takes his phone out of his pocket to answer the call. "Uh...hello?"
"Steven, I got your message! Are you okay?! What's going on?!" The Gems stare at the ocean along with Steven. "Steven?"