Chapter 33: I See the Light

The next night, Donnie was about to head to Rarity's room but he starts to get really nervous that he was about to have a breakdown till his mother saw him and walk up to him.

"My son, what is troubling you tonight, I never seen you so very nervous." Said Tang Shen as she was worried about Donnie.

"Oh hi mom." Said Donnie." Well I decided that I want to ask Rarity to be my girlfriend and tell her that I really love her since we first meet at the gala."

"Oh my son, I'm very proud of you." Said Tang Shen.

"Yeah, but I'm also really nervous." Said Donnie." I mean this really my first time I fell in love with Rarity and I'm worried I might mess up."

"Oh Donatello I know exactly how you feel." Said Tang Shen and that got Donnie to look at her surprise." You see when your father ask me to be his girlfriend he was so nervous at first, but he realized that he needs to be himself and that's how I love him."

Then Donnie realize what she meant just like how Slash said that he was being himself to ask Fluttershy to be his girlfriend. So he thanked his mother and went to Rarity's room and he took a deep breath and knock on the door. Then Rarity came out and saw Donnie.

"Oh hello Donnie, what are you doing here?" Asked Rarity.

"Hi Rarity, well I want to ask you something but can you meet at the garden in 5 minutes please." Said Donnie and Rarity blush.

"Why of course." Said Rarity.

Then after 5 minutes, Rarity saw Donnie and she got a little nervous of what's Donnie's question.

"Hello Donnie, so is there something you want to take about?" Asked Rarity and she feels really nervous.' Okay Rarity Donnie is going to ask you a question, but why all of a sudden am I feeling nervous right now?'

Then Donnie took a deep breath and he starts to hold Rarity's hands and Rarity starts to blush very madly.

"Rarity, the truth is that ever since I met you at the gala, I fell in love with you and the first time we did it in that cave when that storm had came I was so happy that I was alone with you and that you are the most beautiful girl I ever seen and that I have a crush on you since we meet." Said Donnie.

"What are you trying to say darling?" Asked Rarity as she knew of what Donnie's going to ask her. Then Donnie went down at his knees.

"Rarity, would you please be my girlfriend?" Asked Donnie then Rarity eyes went widen and then she smile.

"Yes Donnie, I would love to be your girlfriend." Said Rarity and Donnie smile and gasp.

"Really awesome." Said Donnie as he hug and twirl Rarity around." You know something Rarity, when I see you I see a light inside you."

"I know what you mean darling." Said Rarity." All those days, I was all alone, but now I'm here with you and I see a beautiful light."

Them music began to play and Rarity and Donnie began to sing.

Rarity: All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

"Oh I have something for you Donnie." Said Rarity and she took at a head bandana that looks a lot like Donnie's but it also has his clan symbol with little diamonds on it and that got Donnie really surprised because it was his head-bandana that got ripped today." I was fixing it for you since it ripped so I fix it for you. I also put her clan symbol on it."

Then Donnie took it and put it on.

"I love it Rarity." Said Donnie and Rarity smile and Donnie began to sing.

Donnie: All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

Donnie and Rarity: And at last I see the light

Donnie: And it's like the fog has lifted

Donnie and Rarity: And at last I see the light

Rarity: And it's like the sky is new

Donnie and Rarity: And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you
Now that I see you

After they both have finish their song, Donnie have touched Rarity's cheek with his hand and Rarity close her eyes and like the touch of his soft hands.

"I love you Rarity." Said Donnie.

"I love you too Donnie." Said Rarity.

Then their faces got closer to each other and they kissed at the moonlight and they both realized that they had seen the light inside of them.