Surprise Guests

Elijah and Clara are standing on the  balcony of the Abattoir, that stood directly across from Hayley Kenner's apartment, chatting idly. Hayley was putting Hope to bed finally. The poor baby has had quite a night with all the death and destruction going on around her. But Hope had a wonderful family.

Clara had that once. Her siblings were together living human lives as peacefully as could be. The Mikaelsons disrupted that flow but she didn't mind anymore. The years were not a burden anymore. She enjoyed the vast amounts of time she had to play with. It made mistakes a lot easier. Though, her brother grew more monstrous as the centuries grew by. Even her dear Aurora's mind scrambled and darkened with demons. No amount of doctors or medication could help and time only worsened it. But there was always a price to pay and she loved Aurora. She could handle her older sister.

It was Tristan who she had yet to handle.

Hayley came walking onto the balcony; her hands in her back pockets. Her face wore an expression of fatigue and a weariness. A lot had happened last night. She sighed and stopped at the edge of the balcony. "I finally got her to sleep." She said. There were notes of relief in her voice. "I'll have to explain this family to Hope someday. I think about that sometimes." They didn't need to shout to each other. Vampires had sensitive ears.

"What do you think?" Elijah questioned, curiously.

"I wouldn't lie to her. I'll never lie to her." Hayley replied.

"Lying is a part of parenting." Clara noted quietly. Hayley turned and gave her a look. "Small white lies protect the ones you love. I've lied to Tristan many times to protect him."

"I don't want to lie to her. I'll tell her everything." Hayley Kenner was dead-set on what she wanted. "But, you know what I'll start with? 'Always and forever.'"

Clara saw Elijah smile at the words. But his smile turned into a frown. "I'm sorry. I... I should have told you what was happening."

"You made him, right? Tristan?"

"I think it would be more accurate to say that we made each other, but yes. I turned him. What was your impression of Tristan de Martel?"

Hayley shrugged. "I don't know. He seemed... incomplete."

Clara nodded. "We have a sister... Aurora."

"To be perfectly frank with you, I'm surprised that he's without her." Elijah continued. He looked concerned as he spoke. "His devotion to her is absolutely pathological. To both his sisters really, but Aurora was always sick." He paused. "It's dangerous."

"Loyalty doesn't make people dangerous, Elijah." Hayley said, as she turned to walk back into her apartment.

Elijah gulped nervously and watched Hayley.

"She doesn't know of the loyalty Tristan has to out sister and I." Clara said finally. "It is dangerous."

"Something tells me she isn't far behind the two of you." Elijah said, under the assumption Clara's sister was close by if not already here. "I fear Niklaus will be the first she'll contact."

Clara felt partially hurt by the assumption but agreed all the same. "Unfortunately I agree with you on that. Her love for Niklaus was nothing but a dangerous passion."

"Sounds familiar." Elijah subtly looked down at his first sire.

She caught her glance and rolled her light eyes. "Lucien and I are not the same."

"You don't think when you're around him." He pointed out calmly.  Elijah, Always so damn calm. "I do not mean to vex you, petit ami. I only mean to make you see clearly at what he does to you. You'd have a better chance with I or Niklaus. Even, dare I say, Kol."