Revelations

Elijah waited patiently in his room for Clara de Martel to wake up. He'd thanked Freya's for keeping her knocked out long enough to at least try and get information out of her other siblings. He knew she'd be angry, neigh furious, with him once she awakened. But, he thought it was for the greater good. He needed his family and it was her family that had Rebekah. Though, he did not put one single ounce of blame on her. He loved her.

After another moment her body lurched forward; her brown eyes were wide and aware. Once she spotted Elijah they darkened with a strong fury. "You bastard."

"I do believe Niklaus is the bastard son." He replied matter-a-factly, then sighed. "I apologize, Clara. But I had to do this. I will find my sister."

"Why not trust me to help?" Clara inquired, coldly. He'd never seen her eyes so black. "I want to find her just as much as you."

"I understand that, but you are their family and you'll always cater to their needs. I'm sorry." He held out his hand and waited for her to take it.

Too stubborn to realize he actually had a point, she got to her feet and pushed past him. "Hm."

"We are gathering back at the dining table, if you'd care to join."

She ignored him again and walked out of his room, absolutely fuming. When she sat back in her seat Lucien felt the waves of anger that radiated off her. Tristan looked mildly uncomfortable and Aurora smiled, amused at Elijah's mistake. Lucien placed a hand on her thigh as a small comforting gesture and Clara felt her anger lessen. She moved her hand and intertwined it with his letting him comfort her silently.

"Longitude and latitude. Lovely." Lucien started, exasperated. His rosy lips pursed in a way Clara found lovely.

"Well, despite our differences, I believe great strides were made today." Tristan said.

Aurora smiled, feeling pleased with herself. "Mmm."

Tristan held up his glass towards Aurora, who lifted her own and tapped it against his in cheers for their victory in their first battle.

However, Elijah glanced at Klaus, who looked very displeased pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. He stood as he replied to Tristan's remarks. "Tristan, I can't murder you at this very moment, but I could just as easily tear those eyeballs from your skull and feed them to your sister." Elijah responded coldly. Clara shuddered.

"I wouldn't care to be here when that happened," Clara rested her face in the palm of her hand. "Please don't be so dramatic Elijah."

Klaus quickly joined the conversation in order to mediate, though he was still visibly angry at the de Martels. Freya looked at him with displeasure. "Yes! Elijah! These are our guests."

"Nik, it's so sweet of you to defend us." Clara's sister smiles a smile that could destroy any man.

Klaus paused for a moment before he stood to his feet. "You know, I doubted my brother's wisdom in bringing us all together today, but he was right."

Aurora, amused, stared at him with an affectionate smile, and Tristan, believing that Klaus will be taking his side, looked pleased. Clara frowned, not liking Klaus' sudden tone.

"We must confront the harsh realities we all face and make difficult choices to ensure our collective survival." He lifted his glass in toast, and Tristan and Aurora both echo the gesture happily.

Freya, Lucien, Elijah, and Clara all look irritated and annoyed by where Klaus seemed to be going with his speech, and only raised their glasses out of politeness. Clara was also too tired to argue and saw Freya felt the same way.