The Little Sacrifice

Elijah, being the completely overprotective ass he was, compelled someone to take her home. Funny thing is, Clara never thought she'd ever call the Compound home. But, all the same, she was furious with him. Again. She lifted herself from his bed, fuming, then stomped out. Completely childish she knew, she was a thousand years old; though anger can make a person do funny things. It certainly made the Mikaelsons think quite radically. A dangerous thing.

Clara woke up, the next morning, still slightly angry with Elijah. She walked into Niklaus' bathroom-- he hadn't used his room in days-- and splashed water onto her face. Today had to be the day she worked on getting Lucien back. He was running out of time. With the prophetic threat dealt with, this was her chance. She changed into a pair of black pants, a white silky tee, and a gray blazer. After putting on a pair of brown chicks heels, she tucked in her shirt.

Freya was in the courtyard, focused on her table, working on a spell with Kol near her. "Well, you said you put the Prophecy to rest, so what's the worry?" He questioned.

"I didn't sleep last night." She confessed, "I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it' s my own guilt or maybe, it's my intuition telling me something's coming."

"So what's this?" Clara walked in and stood beside Kol, he smiled at her. "Your early warning system?"

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus' enemies. Let's just hope I'm being paranoid." Freya sighed, and began reciting an incantation. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros. Calaste piso tal tras es tros..." The blood on the map seemed the drip foreword, from all directions over the world. They were all headed one place: New Orleans. All Niklaus' enemies were on the way.

Kol partially from , but tried to sound lighthearted and comedic, "I guess you're not being paranoid, when there is, in fact, a hoard of killers there to get you."

Freya looked absolutely terrified, backing away, then turned to face Clara. "I-I have to go gather some things for a spell... I need your help. Stay here."

"I won't." She promised. After Freya left Clara felt her shoulders slump, slightly. She dreaded the further. "Great," she muttered, "I'll never truly escape vampirism."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw the prophetic vision. I'm going to die and come back as a vampire."

lol furrowed his brow. "Clara, I know what that feels like. The self loathing. The hunger. When you finally escape it just to turn back into everything you hated... I enjoyed being a witch more than ever so when I became a vampire..."

"... it sucked?"

"Yes. It sucked." He agreed smiling. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you human. You have my word." For him to say that gave Clara a lot of joy. Since her siblings were lost, and her love was for now, she'd felt alone. But, it seems, the Mikaelsons were her family no matter what. She nodded and hugged him. He felt surprised, stiff. "Enough hugging, luv. I should go gather the weapons."

"Good idea." Clara dusted off her outfit, and walked back to the table where the map laid.

Freya appeared with a bowl of dried wort flowers. She spread them around the compound drawn on a piece of paper, then poured Klaus' blood around the square of flowers. She was protecting the place from all the vampires. If they couldn't get in then they were safe, right? "This spell should create a barrier around our home and tell us when vampires are near." She closed her eyes and held out her hand. "Take my hand and read the spell."

"Sanguina es protesh nos composia."

Both she and Freya performed the spell letting the blood sink into the paper. Suddenly it appeared on both the inside and outside of the drawn compound. That made no sense.

"What?" Freya mumbled.

"What does that mean?"

"It means they're-"

A vampire appeared behind Freya and sliced her neck with a sharp ring. "Freya!" Clara grabbed the vampire's arm and siphoned as much magic as she could from her, she screamed in pain.

"Ah ah ah. Marcel wants you personally delivered to him." Someone said behind her. They grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. Their breath blew into her ears as they spoke, "And I'm going to do it."

"Why does he want me?" Clara questioned, viciously writhing in his grip.

"Beats me." He began dragging her out the window. "But what the boss wants, the boss gets."

She was knocked out and thrown over his shoulder.

-*-

"Wakey Wakey, princess."

Marcel's sarcastic words woke Clara, who into found herself in a fit of rage. She clenched her hands into fists and spoke with demand in her voice. "What the hell am I doing here?"

"Easy, tiger." He held his hands up in defense, with a wicked grin taunting her. "I was only doing as requested. Rebekah begged me to spare you... for now. You still are deserving of some form of punishment for Davina."

"Marcellus." Clara smiled, unaffected. "My dear boy. Have you not learned your lesson? No one can defeat the oldest vampires."

"Hmm. You're not apart of that category anymore, are you?" Her smile dropped. "Yea, that's right. I could end you now. Quick and easy."

"But you won't." Rebekah said with confidence. But her demeanor changed when she looked at her friend. "If you're so keen on punishment..." A silence apology could be seen in her eyes. "Turn her."

"What?"

Marcel contemplated for a moment and smiled viciously at the two of them. "Why should I give you that gift?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "You're a bloody idiot. Can't you see that it's not a gift to her? She hated her existence for a thousand years and being this human was something she's wanted forever. With Lucien gone she's got no reason to be immortal. Punish her."

"Good idea." Marcel but his wrist and shoved it the siphons mouth. She tried resisting but the blood flowed down her throat. He was going to snap her neck, next, but Rebekah grabbed his arm.

"Wait, let me have a moment alone with her. I need to apologize. Then, I'll kill her myself."

"Fine. I've got a hybrid to prepare for."

Clara wiped the blood from her mouth and glared angrily at Rebekah. "Why the hell did you do that?"

"I'm sorry but this will possibly save your life." She tried, "If you turn you'll be a vampire and witch. You can escape this. Please listen, Clara. He's bitten Elijah, Kol, and poisoned Freya. He's going to try and kill allays but I'm sure Freya's got a plan but this will at least ensure your safety." She closed her eyes for a moment, as in overwhelmed. "Niklaus would want that."

"I have to call her."

"No... I have to kill you."

"Rebekah don't-"

"I'm sorry, love." Rebekah quickly brought her hands to Clara's neck and twisted wincing at the sudden sickening sound. It's never bothered her so much.

Clara's world blackened.

*****

Ignore my horrible picture edit??????