Mystic Falls

All I wanted was to drop Lucien and find myself complete with the Mikaelsons; To be whole and loved endlessly. Niklaus Mikaelson was, or is, a monster that everyone feared, but family was always and forever and he'd risk everything for them. Elijah, the man who waited, watched me with Lucien for centuries and still wanted me in the end. The dedication was more than I deserve. I love him. Then, there is Freya; She did some waiting, herself. Taken as a child by her aunt Dahlia, she grew up wanting an escape from her eternal servitude to the evil witch. And she found it. Even with not knowing them for thousands of years, she still risked everything for the family. Finally, there is Kol. The Wily Fox who resembled Loki more than anyone I've ever met. He hides behind a mask made of sarcasm and flirtatious gestures. But his family, including myself, has seen who he truly is.

It pains me to say that I now know who Lucien Castle is.

The vervain-soaked rope burned itself into my wrists, reminding me of the man I never really knew. Pain flares every time I move. How did I even get into this situation? I already know the answer to that question: The ancestors. If I'm completely honest, I know Lucien hasn't been the model citizen of the vampiric world. But, who was? That was ok. Vampires were the apex predator-- unless the Mikaelsons were in the mix of course--

"Thinking isn't going to do you much, love." Lucien tells me.

"Tying me up isn't going to do you much, Lucien." I say fiercely. Despite the excruciating pain I begin to struggle again. I was almost a thousand years; what was a little burn? I manage to catch my breath and glare at my ex. "Tell me something: why am I hear? Why can't I go to them. Not to tell them what's to come. But, to be with them while I can."

He chuckles. "Come now, Clara. The ancestors aren't bloody idiots. They could kill you, yea, but they won't. You're as much apart of this prophecy as I." He suddenly frowns, slightly, "We were suppose to be in it together. You and I."

"Oh yes. You and I. Or should I say: You, Aurora, and I."

"Jealously still doesn't look good on you."

"Psychosis doesn't on you."

"Still as childish as ever, I see." Lucien purses his rosy lips at me and I feel myself sink a little. My reacted makes a satisfied smirk appeared, replacing the frown. I roll my eyes and shift, to look anywhere but his smug face. "Cheer up, darling. It's time."

"Time?" Time for what? He walks away for a moment. "Then you can untie me, yes?"

"No can do. But I can help you... relax." When he returns he pulls out a syringe and smiles something plastic.

The clear liquid makes my stomach tighten. It's vervain. "Lucien, please. I love you."

"No!" His anger takes me by surprise. He points at me, then lowers his voice. "I loved you. Despite my struggles with my emotions. I loved you, Clara. It was you that betrayed me."

He steps forward and brushes my hair away. Struggle I may, the needle still pierces my neck; the liquid burns as it hits my bloodstream.

I black out.

For a short period of time.

I wake up in the same chair, with the same vervained ropes, with the same psychotic Lucien. Something's different, though. Freya sits beside me with her hands and feet are bound together. A gag had been right around her mouth to keep her from talking. Lucien begins to circle around her, tracing his finger over her shoulders before he finally removes the hood. I felt a panic arise within me. If a powerful vampire like myself can't escape him-- and the ancestors-- Freya certainly can't. She was so frail.