Old Enemies and New Revalations

"I have a few things to do today, love."

"I assume it has everything to do with the ancestors and their plan?" Clara said, quirking her brow. Lucien gave her a look that only confirmed her suspicions, which made her sigh. "Why is it that the ancestors can torment me into this so-called plan, but you're just a free butterfly; doing as you will?"

He smirked, slightly. "If you'd just get on board with it-- a little more at least-- maybe they wouldn't be so... aggressive."

"Oh," She exclaimed, sarcastically. "I'm terribly sorry for wanting to keep what family I have left alive. I'll admit, at first I was all with this plan. Damn the Mikaelsons to an eternity in hell. Woo. But... Lucien he's my blood. Yes, I know he's damned Tristan and Aurora but he's also my family. Don't you get it? I have no one left, if not him."

Angered by her words, the damned dead witches used their magic on Clara. At first it was just a wave of magic running over her body, then a pin prick on her throat. The pain grew more painful by the second and suddenly there was the exact wound, that killed her as a human, bleeding heavily through from her throat, staining her shirt.She knew the ancestors were obviously giving her a push in their direction. It frustrated her deeply that she had no way to stop it when they were everywhere and heard everything. "Fine!" She yelled angrily. "I'll do it. Just stop." They we're pulling the magic from her.

But thankfully, after agreeing, the wound healed together. She let out a sigh of relief before turning to glare at Lucien. "I hate witches. And I especially hate the ancestors. But I love you."

"I told you, Clara. The deal I made includes you. Klaus' blood." Lucien remarked with a smile. "They want you for a specific reason. Just... listen to them and you'll be fine."

That wasn't like Lucien. Sure, he wasn't the one to blurt his emotions. But he seemed so obsessed with his plan that Clara was nothing but a pawn. She glanced at him, studying his eyes. The ancestors could possibly be controlling him in some sort of way. A way that wouldn't allow him to reveal anything specific to her. With a frustrate grunt, she got up from the bed where she sat. "Whatever. I'm going to consort with the enemy."

"Clara, wait.." Lucien grabbed her wrist. "I understand that I'm not the best I saying the things you want. But, you know you still have me, right? I'll always be here."

"Only if you will it to be." Clara responded bitterly, then stormed out of his room, his apartment, and his apartment building.

The Compound was someplace she'd rather be. Even if the ancestors knew. Luckily, before arriving to home she compelled a tourist to switch clothes with her. Now she wore a white tee shirt, jean shorts, and brown converse. An oddly modern outfit that she doesn't enjoy as much as her sophisticated outfits. But it'd have to do.

And of course, like always, she found herself in a family discussion-- to which she was now apart of-- concerning the apparent multitude of enemies that were rising to the surface. The highly paranoid Niklaus already knew which one was in Nola and had forewarned her.

This was an old foe; someone she knew very well. Very intimately, in fact. But, for the sake of Klaus she kept quiet while he explained it all to his dear sister, Freya.

"It was him. It was Gaspar Cortez." Klaus revealed quite nervous with the fact. Even more so since Clara was within the grasp of the repulsive vampire. His jaw twitched at the many thoughts that began to plague his mind but Freya's voice brought him back.

"I assume this is someone from your box of letters?" Freya said, with a sigh.

He nodded. "The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords I dealt with in the 17th century." It was such a long time ago but he felt his memory was particularly sharp when it came to this one.