The Silly Little Trinket

"I have a job for you. Something you might actually enjoy."

Clara felt her curiosity peak at her sister's vague words. "Is it something Lucien can help me with-"

"Do not tell Lucien!" Aurora paused awkwardly. "I just mean... this is our revenge. All he had to deal with was a minor century of compulsion. We had our brother taken from us. We hold the burden of knowing he's suffering as we speak." She sighed. "I heard Niklaus is in possession of the last bit of white oak and I need you to bride one of Aya's little witches to find it and take it."

"What even would I bribe her with?" Clara questioned, she knew enough about the Sister's to know they hated immortality. "It's not like I can trade a weapon for a vial of my blood and they've already got everything the need."

"Very true, sister. But... there is one thing those little brats would trade anything in the world for: their freedom. Every witch there bargained their life for something they currently needed at the moment. A sick mother to be well, or true love. It doesn't matter. Will you do this for me, my lovely Clara?" Aurora's voice was soft over the phone and Clara could hardly say no.

But something nudged at the back of her mind. A warning. "Rory... you aren't going to kill Niklaus, right? You know he's my sire and if he dies..."

"Of course not. I'd never. I plan on killing Elijah. For Tristan. I love you so much. Just get me the white oak. Ok?"

"I will." She promised. Aurora promptly hung up and left Clara wondering about her plan.

♔ ☾♔ ☾♔ ☾♔ ☾

- Hours Later -

Madison slipped past the sister's, and Aya, in secret; She dared not let a single thought of where she was going enter her mind. Her fingers twitched, creating an invisibility spell, as she entered the abandoned alleyway. It was quiet and-- even in broad daylight-- had an eeriness to it. But, she was a witch. They feared nothing.

Or do they...

She scolded herself for thinking that way. Aya would have her ass if she detected any sorts of weakness in her witches. A feeling suddenly overcame her. Someone was close. "I know you're here. I can sense you."

Out of the, very few, shadows came Clara de Martel. The one and the only thought Madison. The vampire was dressed in an elegant lace dress that came up just below her knees. Her black pumps clicked on the ground beneath them.

"Hello, dear."

"You're Clara de Martel. Tristan and Aurora's youngest sibling. Madison scanned her eyes over Clara. "Well, I can see where you obviously got your looks."

Clara gritted her teeth. "And where would that be, child?"

"Easy, girl. When you serve the Strix you don't just gain power. I've also gained the knowledge on your family. The one on your father's side."

What was this little girl trying to prove? That she knew more about Clara than Clara did herself? Her fingers twitched with anger and she wanted to grip the witches neck in her fingers tightly. Unfortunately, Aurora needed to control her anger for a moment. She still wasn't wearing the ring. She could turn at any moment just by killing someone. Become the hybrid Niklaus Mikaelson was. Then would be have power over him. Being almost as old, with that kind of power... the thought was intoxicating.

Clara pulled herself from her thoughts and gave Madison a piqued look. "Since you obviously want me to ask. What do you know about my father?"

"I know about the whole Northeast Atlantic pack and your descendants."