Chapter Three

Thank you so much to Amalia Sulaiman for this amazing cover! (Once again your username got lost in the emails)

Word Count: 2089

~Lexia

"You look beautiful, by the way," Adrian murmurs, helping me out of the car.

Ignoring him, I smooth out my dress, gazing around at the beautiful view. This party is being hosted by Isaiah, the Alpha of Passion, in his Pack. Despite his Pack not being in the best condition, he still holds the most lavish parties every year.

"You don't mind, do you?" I ask anxiously, still looking at Isaiah's estate. People were mulling around, finding their way in at their own pace. Guards stood post in nearly every shadow I glanced out, watching us with careful eyes.

"Mind what?"

"What I have to do tonight?" I say, folding my arms across my chest.

Looking around, I take in what a shame it is that Alpha Isaiah's Pack went rogue a few years ago. Every one of them rebelled, and he has a hard time trying to reign them in. Hence why he is working with the Alpha of Discipline to tame them.

"It's fine Lexia. It's work, and it's not like we are dating anyway," he assures me. I glance down, staring at how the silver of my dress glimmers under the moonlight. Adrian reaches out, handing me my ticket.

"Try not to get distracted. Get to Alpha Noah, find out what you need to know, and get out of there," Adrian instructs. I nod firmly, affirming I know what he is talking about.

Twisting around, I begin my walk alone toward the double doors of Isaiah's estate. The gritty smell of the sea is present, as is the sound of waves lapping on the shore. The Passion Pack is the only coastal Pack, and I am not used to it. The Vengeance Pack is one of the cooler Packs, to the South, while this Pack is up North where it is warmer and more tropical.

I make it into the party without too much hassle. No one bothers asking who I am, so I slip in unnoticed into the crowd. I have a mild back story just in case someone decides to approach me. But I doubt it; everyone is distracted by the presence of Alphas.

Swerving my way through people's limbs dancing to the sound of elegant music, I mumble 'excuse me's', and 'sorry's' as I go.

The crowd begins to thin out as I get further away from the dance floor. My eyes are scanning the area, not just taking notice of the extravagant outfits people wear, but looking out for Alpha Noah.

Turns out, Alpha Noah was hovering around the edge of the dance floor, talking to two very official looking people in suits. Annoyed, I waded my way back onto the busy dance floor, keeping my eye on him the entire time.

Like most Alphas, he is naturally beautiful. His blond hair is thick and luscious, contrasting with his naturally tan skin. His eyes are similar to mine, but so much different. A much lighter, glowing green that sparks alight as he assesses the man in front of hims face.

Suddenly, as I blindly walk, keeping my attention fixed on Noah, I smack straight into someones back. 

Stumbling backward, I blink a few times, having managed to loose my bearings. The man who I smacked my forehead into didn't even turn around. In fact, he continued to talk to two lovely woman in front of him.

Scowling at the back of his midnight black suit, I resist the urge to punch him. Sure, I should have been looking where I was going, but he could have at least excused himself, or allowed me to say sorry.

I tap his broad shoulder, not being able to smother the glare on my face. But instantly, it melts away as he turns around.

Here I stand, facing the one of the most beautiful men I have ever laid my eyes on. Definitely an Alpha...