Chapter Four

Thank you to anadoko65 for this stunning cover! (:

Word Count: 1603

~Lexia

"Listen, you shouldn't be here," Grayson insisted, glancing around as if someone might see him talking to a negligible such as me. I roll my eyes, brushing past him, only to be followed closely.

He grabs my arm, forcing me to give him my full attention. "You could at least tell me why you're here."

I narrow my eyes at him. What business is it of his what I do? Sure, it's obvious I am not wanted here, where Alpha's mingle with other high bloods, or richer families. That is my backstory; the daughter of a rich businessman who lives in the hills of the Discipline Pack. That way, no one would question my eye colour iconic to my original Pack.

But my back story doesn't work with Grayson. He knows who I am, and what hatred I have toward Alpha's. He knows I am a risk, so any excuse I can conjure up is sure to be useless.

"Why I am here, is none of your business," I snap, narrowing my eyes on the hand still firmly clutching my arm. His gloves are similar to what other men here wear. It is uncommon for unmated males to go without wearing gloves to parties like these, especially Alpha's. This is mainly because parties like these are for men and women to let loose and party without worry of finding their mate.

Rich people are strange.

"It is, if you're conspiring against one of us," Grayson says, obvious referring to the Alpha's in here. By the look in his eyes, he doesn't want to believe the words he says, but he is totally correct in his assumptions. I am here for Alpha Noah of the Harmony Pack.

I nod down to his hand on my arm. "I think you should let me go..."

Looking at his hand, I suddenly notice something glint around his finger, through the thin fabric of his glove. Is that a ring? My eyes widened...silver.

"Why the hell are you wearing a silver ring?" I question. Silver burns, a lot. Isn't he in pain right now? I would be able to feel the effects of it on my arm as he presses it against my skin, had he not been wearing gloves.

He swallows. "I-"

"Just let me go," I insist again, desperate to get away from him and his ring.

"Lexia," he says, his voice thick with warning. I twist my arm from his loosened grip, taking a step back.

"Don't come near me ever again," I growl. "And consider your offer declined."

It felt good to turn around and walk away from him with my departing words. Even though his angered gaze on my back was heavy, and I might regret making enemies with an Alpha, it still felt exhilarating.

I weave my way past dancing bodies, trying to find the outskirts so I could breathe properly.

"Hello Blondie, what brings you here?"

I cringe, the slurred sound of a drunken idiot making me pause. But not just any drunken idiot...A Love Pack idiot. You can tell, their accents are as strong as their bedroom desires.