Chapter Sixteen

Thank you so much to ShaunPaul how sent this over email. You didn't leave your username, and this was your email name, so...:p

WARNING!!! This is a MATURE chapter, so if you do not appreciate that kind of content, feel free to skip, or click out of the book (:

***

Word Count: 2051

~Lexia

I couldn't breathe. I wasn't looking  at my mate right now. The man who met my gaze was almost in a trance. Soulless...But so alive.

"I can explain..." I say before I know what is coming out of my mouth. A blush has crept so deeply onto my face, I'm almost positive my cheeks are stained forever. Standing under his scrutinising gaze, I've never felt so embarrassed in life.

I expect his expression to contort in anger. I had snuck into something obviously meant to be private, or at the very least, kept a secret.

But his lips curve slowly into a smirk.

"Entertain me," he murmurs, his voice taunting and sly.

I assume he means my explanation is meant to be somewhat entertaining to him. How mad would he be if I told him it was my unexplainable curiosity that forced me into this room? I can't imagine what the repercussion will be.

"I was exploring...I didn't mean to come across this room." Partly true. At first I had told myself not to follow my instinct and go into the room. But I just felt like I was meant to find this, especially after it almost magically cracked open.

Still, a wicked smile was etched into his features.

"Do you like what you see?" He asks, motioning to what was pinned behind me. Glancing over my shoulder, my eyes meet the darkened ones of that wolf.

I shake my head. "It looks like it would kill me if it could."

Grayson raised his eyebrows, seeming somewhat normal for a brief second, before it vanished.

"Oh, he would never kill you," he tells me, his words bland, but something in his eyes suggest he means it.

So that confirms it. This is Grayson's doing, and by the sound of it, he knows this wolf well. Well enough to know who it would kill, and who I wouldn't. But why am I so special?

"Where were you going tonight? When you left me after..." I break off, as Grayson's eyes glisten intuitively.

He took a step forward, so graceful and calculated, but at the same time, almost predatory. My back is close to the wall, my hands clutching the top of the sheet wrapped around my body.

"Did you want me to keep going?" He asked, reminding of what I had wanted for that one moment in time. I can still feel his hands on my body, and the taste of his lips on mine.

Another step forward.

"I just want to know what you were doing," I press, wondering if I would regret it.

Grayson sighed. I kept thinking that maybe it isn't Grayson standing in front of me. It may still be the man with the glinting silver eyes and mussed dark hair. But the way he looks at me is like he wants to jump at me.