Chapter Eleven

This amazing banner belongs to HarleyDeLucaz so thank you very much for that! (:

Word Count: 1536

~Grayson

"And when did Lexia go missing?"

Resting my elbows on my desk, I look directly at the questioner in front of me. An immaculate, proper lady sits across my desk, clutching a pad of pristine paper in her hands. A Detective from the Discipline Pack, anxious to find out where my mate has vanished to.

She looks painfully similar to Lexia too. Despite different facial structure, and her square rimmed glasses, she had the same green eyes and slightly off coloured blonde hair.

But I have to admit, she is hardly as stunning as Lexia.

"I don't know...Six days maybe?" I can't remember, because every moment has me on edge. I have never felt this much pain in my life, not knowing where she was. It brought me back to the day she first declined my offer.

Or maybe, the day I found out she was fucking her assistant. I've never wanted someone dead so much in my life.

"Four days, actually."

I glance to the left side of Detective Simone. Landon, Alpha of Power sits up right beside her. He stares at me worriedly, deep brown eyes a melting pot of emotion. A good friend of mine, he has been. He offered to leave his mate and new born daughter for a few days to assist me.

"And what do we think happened to her?" Simone asks, tucking a blonde piece of hair behind her ear. Maybe it was stupid of me to hire someone who looks so much like Lexia, but all the best Detectives are from the Discipline Pack.

Landon places his hand on the edge of the desk, getting my attention. "Let's be realistic."

"Yeah, realistic..."

I glance over to Simone's right, at the Alpha of Love. He lounges right back on his chair, folding a piece of paper-I never noticed he grabbed-over itself.  Another willing friend of mine.

Little did I know, Landon and Malik do not have the best relationship.

"And by realistic, we mean, not Malik's idea," Landon stated, refusing to look at Malik, who sat up, openly offended.

"Well, we think that maybe something happened to her...She may have been kidnapped or something," I tell Simone, who wrote down the information on her little pad of paper.

The words hurt to say. They burn at my throat, my body not wanting to admit that maybe it was a possibility. I didn't have much time to think about it though, as Malik cuts in.

"That's my idea," he tells Simone, glancing over to her paper. "Did you get that down...That was my idea."

Landon and I collectively rolled our eyes at the same time.

"So we have split opinions then?" Simone decides, sizing up both Alphas beside her. I felt bad for putting her between the two brooding men, but I would rather not a fight break out in my office, since they believe heavily in different things.