Chapter Seven

This awesome banner was made by tiger_ey Thank you for this! (: (Pretend his name is spelt correctly)

A quick warning. There is no sex scene, but there are sexual references, and themes throughout this chapter. Enjoy!

Word Count: 1862

Pages: 12

~Lexia

"We could go out now, if you would like, to see the Pack," Grayson offers, after I had accepted the plate of bacon again, and finished it. He took the empty plate from me, and slid it into the sink.

I glanced outside, shaking my head. "I don't think I could handle the heat."

It's true. One step outside, and I'm positive I might faint. It's not because I can't usually handle the heat, but I'm still coming down from the effects of the drug Jasper gave me. Thank the Moon Goddess I didn't stay around to find or what he wanted.

"What about this evening?" I ask.

Instantly, it's as if I've pushed a button labeled don't touch. He stiffens, his gaze growing cold and rigid.

"I don't think that's going to work," he says softly. The way he speaks the words, it's as if he's in pain, like he's fighting off an inner demon.

"Maybe tomorrow, I'll be over this drug, and we can go," I say nervously, hoping I was pushing to far. I had accepted his offer as a way to continue my mission to take over an Alphas position, and achieve the goal of democracy throughout the Packs.

But his sudden shift in mood has me a little nervous.

"Good idea," he replies, looking up through his dark hair, meeting my gaze. Something about his eyes always stops my heart for a second. Maybe it's the colour...I'm not sure.

I excused myself, dragging the blanket over my shoulders back up to the room. No moody Alphas are up there. And anyway, I need time to think about this, but ultimately I can't shake the fact Grayson is hiding something pretty big from me. (That's what she said...*high fives self*)

The moment I step back into the room, I notice a piece of clothing lying on the bed. At closer inspection, it's a simple large shirt. A mans shirt, with a little hand written note on it.

All I have, sorry.

Did I stumble into the wrong room? Or did Grayson manage to get a shirt up here so quickly I didn't even notice? Perhaps he has people to do it for him...He's an Alpha, I suppose.

I scrunch the note up in my hand, and toss it back onto the bed. Since the shirt is nice and big, maybe it won't be so hot. Hoping I'm right, I shrug the blanket off myself, and slip his shirt on.

It even smells like him, I notice.

I fall face first into the bed, wondering if maybe I could catch a nap until it's cooler outside, but instead, I'm hit in the face with another note. This time, it was stuck to the pillow. Peeling it off my face, I inspect the completely different handwriting.

Meet me outside, now.

Jasper

Ignoring the almost incoherent handwriting, I assess the note. At the bottom, it's signed with Jaspers name. Instantly, my heart skips a beat.