Notes

[WARNING | This does contain spoilers to the book, so I would not recommend reading this before the rest of the novel.]

Random, I am aware. However, I figured this was just a funny little way of letting you people see just a little bit of my writing process. Here are the notes that I've written over the past four years for Monster in My Bed. Some of them are older than the first chapter itself, when the book was just a THOUGHT.

These notes have zero substance, and some of the ideas never actually appeared in the book. The entire thing is a big mess. The only way I can think to explain it is 'controlled word vomit'. I just figured it would be interesting for those of you who consider yourself fans or are just curious about my approach to writing.

______________________________

Kaia gets out after breaking the Luna's neck and goes to club.(slips in somehow) goes in to seduce and sleep w the beta (Jack) Bc trying to kill an alpha is too risky. Discovers Matteo is her mate

Kaia believes the alpha's mate was a werewolf or at least half because she could smell it on her but that was actually due to being mated to a werewolf. When Kaia snapped the girl's neck, it ended up killing her.

"ABC...now I know my abcs next time you're gonna wish you never met me"

"All of my walls are slowly crashing down, and I hate knowing that the end result is going to be this broken, little girl who lost everything and grew up in a way that no child ever should! I'm falling apart, and it's all your fault! You did this to me!"

"It should be illegal to be that much of an asshole and look that good doing it"
______
Kaia locks herself in a cell in a way of protesting against Matteo. She refuses to leave so he throws her over his shoulder and smacks her butt when she tries kneeing him. She smacks him on the butt and huffs when she hears him chuckle

"I would seriously do that again if i didn't like that as much as I know you did."

Kaia finds kaden at some big important meeting thing and she thinks he's still rogue trying to kill the alphas so she spazzes and ties him up ina closet and he gets out and is introduced as a beta. They argue and you find out that he was challenged and killed the beta. Kaden never wanted to be a rogue so he ran. Kaia and kaden argue. Kaia said she lost everything when she was thirteen.

Kadens pack finds their dad but their dad claims that he lost their mom. He knows she a still alive. She ends up being taken by her home pack. Kaia's pack has two allies now (kaden and her mothers packs(apsens)) and she tried talking Matteo into hiring rogues because she knows how to work with them.

"Because I love you, dipshit!"

"I love you too, asshole!"

They freeze and kind of just stare at each other and then Kaia makes a deal that if he listens to her every once in a while she won't take back loving him.

"So what should we do now?"

"What?"

"We just professed our love and whatever so now what. Do we celebrate? We can go get cake."

"Cake?"

"Yeah. You like cake?"

"Do you ever think about anything other than food"

"Yeah," you.

"Name one example"

"Like how food is my only distraction from wanting to kiss you right now" kiss and end up doing the do

•socius pack is ally (Kaden is beta)

• Dani tells Kaia that jacks mate died but jack never actually found his mate

"Can you punch me in the face?"
"Yeah, definitely, but why?"
"So that I can do it back, and I won't get yelled at for it because I didn't start it."

"If I come back here and you aren't still sitting on this bed, I will drag your ass back and tie you to it."

Jokes on you, buddy. That sounds like something I'd actually enjoy!

I knew from the various conversations with my dad that the Caedes Pack was important. It was one of the packs that basically ran all of the packs below it. Other packs that rank near Caedes are mainly just Socius, Uirium, Apsens, and—the one pack I unfortunately didn't take as seriously as I should have—Vindicta. Out of about all thirty packs located within North America, these five basically run the whole show.

Caedes and Uirium not only outrank all the packs in North America, but they are also two of the highest ranking packs known to this day.

The Ducem Pack in Russia is actually the largest pack known to date. It's always been a dream of mine to destroy it slowly, but I can only cause so much destruction at once without getting myself killed.

Vindicate and Uirium are allies (Mendax-Liar) but it is revealed at the end that Uirium was planning on turning against Vindicta the entire time

•You know when everyone says 'and that's when everything started to come together'? Yeah, well that wasn't me. Instead, everything just got much more confusing.

"I enjoy seeing everyone around me fail"
"Please. The only failure around here was your mothers abortion which resulted in you."

"You know, if Matteo wasn't you're mate I'd have you in my bed right now."
"You know, if Matteo wasn't my mate, I'd kill you."

"Can I get an 'I love you'?"
"Go f--k yourself."
"Alright."

•Kaia realizes Matteo is a virgin after he sees bruises on her and says he didn't know what he was doing
•she feels bad and says she didn't even realize Bc she's the best she's ever had
•he says he's upset but it doesn't matter who was first as long as he's last
•Kaia says all the others were just fun. Matteo was her first and last in her mind

"Kaia would not have wanted this."
"Obviously you've never met my mate"

The house that Matteo was looking into was actually a house where they could go into hiding. Matteo tells Kaia that "his job as the alpha is so what is best for the sake of his pack" but it is also his job to do what is best for Kaia as her mate. Kaia agrees to run away with Matteo because if Vindicta attacks a pack who's alpha abandoned them then that would be waging war for no reason and many packs would turn against him.

Matteo and Barron made an agreement that Barron would take over Matteo's territory if Matteo and Kaia could take asylum in the northern part of their territory. It would look like Barron and Adrian won because Barron could claim Matteo's territory.

Kaia goes to message Jack but sees two names. Clicks on the one and reads messages back and realizes that it's actually messages between Matteo and Barron

"I lived my entire life uneducated and isolated, but I've never felt more stupid and alone than I do right now."

"Matteo, I was always meant to be your mate. I was never meant to be a Luna."

Matteo intentionally sends over a large group to wreak havoc on innocent people in Vindicta to start the war. He has already left to help the fight as have many members of the pack. Kaia learns this from Daniella who tells her to call Jack if she notices anyone around the pack house. Kaia sees wolves surrounding the house (Barron's) and goes to call Jack but calls Barron who is under Jack's name)

I growled lowly, giving him the nastiest look I could muster at 8 am and rolled away from him.

OMG  CHAPTER TITLE IS MONSTER IN HIS BED.

"Ooh, scary," he commented mockingly. "I thought monsters were supposed to be under the bed?"

"Well, this one sleeps in it," I snapped. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I knew I had to. Work sucks. The bed dipped a bit as Matteo moved closer to me. His soft lips kissed the skin on the back of my neck making the hair on my arms stand up.

"You're not actually scary," he whispered. I growled again and elbowed him in the chest. He laughed falling back into the mattress. "You are mean, though."