Chapter Seven | Stupid Wall-Hole

You would think that an Alpha such as Matteo would be much more concerned with the dangers of the werewolf world versus something so minor as a hole in a wall, but instead he's still freaking out over the stupid hole in his wall.

That's all I've heard about for the past ten minutes.

'Kaia, did you really need out that bad?'

'How did you even manage to make a hole that big in the wall?'

'What possesses a person to throw a chair through a wall?'

I just sat at the marble island in the kitchen leisurely slurping away at my soup while Matteo continued coming up with questions as to why I would do such a destructive thing.

If he hadn't locked me in there in the first place, there wouldn't be a giant-ass hole, so basically it's his fault.

I continued to ignore his whining and picked up another spoonful of ramen noodles. I held the spoon up to my lips and slurped it up quite noisily if I may add. I missed the taste of good soup. I missed the warmth of it. I missed sitting at a table and eating something other than something that resembled vomit. I missed spoons.

Yeah, I missed god-damn spoons.

I was far too entranced in slurping away at my soup that I hadn't realized Matteo had stopped rambling about the hole and was now watching me with an annoyed expression. Gulping down the rest of the soup on my spoon, I rested the spoon back down in my plastic, red bowl because Matteo didn't trust me with glass, but he trusted me enough to bring me into a kitchen with knives. Yeah, alright.

"You may just be the slowest, most annoying eater I've ever met," Matteo commented staring down at my half-eaten bowl of soup.

"It's called pacing yourself, Matteo. I don't suck everything up like a vacuum unlike some people," I deadpanned motioning toward the five apples in the trash that Matteo managed to devour in about ten minutes as he ranted about his stupid-freaking-wall-hole.

"At least I don't sound like a freaking garbage disposal," he retorted making me scowl.

"Hey! I sound nothing like a garbage disposal, prick!" I snapped, picking up a spoonful of soup and slurping on it loudly on purpose. I wasn't quite sure why it annoyed Matteo so badly, but I could see the anger in his eyes flare due to my ever-so-slightly disrespectful action.

"That's it," he stated trying to seem calm, but I could tell he was trying not to smack me over the head with my plastic bowl. I thought he was going to leave, but instead he snatched my soup away from me and plucked the spoon right out of my hand.

"Hey!" I shouted as he tossed my bowl and spoon into the sink. "What the hell was that for?" Matteo ignored my snappy remark. He just opened up a cabinet and rummaged around in it for a moment before literally throwing a granola bar at my face. Fortunately, I caught it just before it had the opportunity to poke my eyeball out. Unfortunately, my brief moment of 'what the heck was that for, Matteo?' due to the throwing of rectangular food at my face gave Matteo the opportunity to throw me over his shoulder.

My heart literally stopped, and I sent a silent thank you to the moon goddess herself, or God, or Satan—wherever I end up first—that I didn't pee myself out of surprise.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" I hollered in anger and embarrassment.

"Just shut up, and eat your granola bar," he stated making me even angrier as we walked out of the kitchen. Pack members stared at us as if we were crazy.