CHAPTER SIX

THE DESTRUCTION THAT IS THE GATE KEEPERS

We stood in a line facing the five gate keepers. We were on our second week here and Domathian was yet to show his face.

I was feeling utterly bad for him. I just wanted him to let it go and move on. If I was the cause of his suffering then I wanted him to just forget. But nothing was as easily said and done.

I just hated that he was missing important lessons over some guilt. We weren't supposed to be at war with one another. I just hoped he realised that sooner rather than later. But I for one was not done being mad at him.

The cocky Tulli had nearly mortally wounded me. And never so as much as uttered an apology to me for it. Such acts were not easily forgotten.

I snapped out of my thread of thought then focused on the now. We were in yet another room. It was fashioned with antique furnitures and artsy centerpieces. The walls were ruby with black ornate patterns painted on them.

Old portraits were incased in intricate black frames and mounted on the walls. The portraits were of all the gate keepers that once protected the world in the old days. The old gate keepers all posed in a regal manner, the elements which they wielded showing in their bright oil painted hairs and eyes.

The current gate keepers were like some new formed creatures. One couldn't tell who wielded which element. As I stared at them intently I could feel their anger from what was taken from them.

Now everyone knew they were tainted. It wasn't something they could hide, unfortunately.

My eyes trailed from each of them, my lips arched in a grim frown.

Arisydius Lenore was a fire manipulator. The elders back home said she had fiery hair. One that reflected her element well and now her hair was as black as night along with her eyes.

Aeona Floreus was a water elemental. The blue strands of her hair were now as white as snow. Her eyes were so pale you could hardly make out the pale blue lense.

Liluri Rivaz, the elemental of nature. The old portraits I once saw of her and seeing her now it was like they were a different person all together. Her once vibrant green hair was now blood red, her eyes a bright amber.

Oriana Ferox, a spirit elemental. I did not know how she was like before. The council of Delykil liked to keep her hidden for her protection. She was the heart of the Celenius sisters. The Celenius sisters being the gate keepers. She kept with her the orbs of the gate keepers. It is said the orbs were incased in a crystal on her staff but no one had ever seen it.

If it were to fall in the wrong hands we would be wrecked with chaos.

And last was Osydian Petroniuz,the elemental of air. Her story was saddening to the core. She'd once had a friend dear to her but unbeknownst to her, her dear friend was a dark witch sent to destroy her. Belladonna Shadoworth. Even the mere mention of her name sent shivers down the length of my back. It was tragic how Osydian was tainted. Wrecked with the loss of her one true love who was killed by said friend, she'd unleashed, within her, something dark to kill belladonna and her family.

Belladonna Shadoworth was infatuated with her, you see. And that seemingly innocent infatuation brewed into something dark and twisted. An obsession that overcame her.

" Look into the pool. I wish to show you something, " spoke Oriana.

We all gathered around the sunken pool then stared at the obsidian waters which swayed and rippled with life.

The water then began moving in a round form until images started appearing very lightly. A large ball of water shot out then halted above the pool.