CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Pic of Liluri

The morning was as awful as I predicted it would be. I trudged out of my bathing chamber half asleep. I was dead exhausted and my body was screaming for the bed.

The girls had gone to their rooms to get ready and I couldn't be more glad of their absence. Sadly I couldn't sleep. The gate keepers would have my head and Oriana could always throw my corpse in the same dungeon the sahëal was kept in.

I sluggishly wore a high neck long sleeved tunic that had slits to the sides, leather pants and lace up boots. My movements were as slow as that of a turtle. Even the short distance to the door seemed tediously long.

I groaned, throwing my head back in annoyance

I groaned, throwing my head back in annoyance. Once again I felt like rebelling and just sleeping but the one thing I refused to do was tarnish my reputation. Rebelling was not in my vocabulary.

I grudgingly went out, avoiding my bed as best as I could. I lumbered down the hallways, yawning as I headed to the dining hall.

I was the last to arrive but hardly anyone noticed. They were busy conversing with those sitting close to them. I sat down close to Keonn who greeted me with a toothy grin. My stomach rumbled from the delicious smell wafting from the cookery and filling the hall.

Servants flooded in at long last, carrying platters of golden mixed berry pies, hot rolls, seedy and garlic breads with pastes of all kinds, and juice jars. I salivated at the sight of the food. Havens I couldn't wait to take a bite out off the berry pie.

My table manners all but flew out the window when I gazed at the berry pie on a plate infront of me. I gobbled it down swiftly then indulged in a second serving of the pie. I then washed down the pie with cranberry juice.

My stomach was so full I felt like it could burst from the pressure of the food. I patted at the seemingly swollen belly, sighing in content.

The rush of sugar surging through my veins was enough to boost my energy levels. I felt like I could run out into the forest and never stop.

" Analisia, may I speak with you for a moment?" I looked up and saw Osydian staring at me. She was standing across the table behind, Ægas.

I rose up then followed after her, a hand caressing my full belly.

I found her standing just outside the dining hall staring out the window. I joined her then stared at her expectedly.

" What is it, am I in trouble?" I asked.

" No, no, my dear. You are not in trouble," she smiled reassuringly, glancing at me. " I want you and Domathian to interrogate the sahëal. "

" I thought you said you'd do that, " I quirked a brow at her, questioningly.

" She refuses to utter a single word to me. " She glanced away, sighing in annoyance.

" And what makes you think she would talk to me or Domathian?"