CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Pic of Seiren

The next day we met in the courtyard at the crack of dawn. We had meagre packages we were to take to the leader of the sahëali, including Abransca's belongings.

Domathian was dressed to impress. I didn't know if he was going to deliver bad news or if was going to charm his way into the leader's bed chambers.

I quirked a brow at him as I trailed my gaze over the length of his form. The finely tailored coat which had some family crest emblazoned on it, dark fitting pants and boots tucked under his pants, all looked good on him. His usually wild hair was pulled in a manly tail. He was clean shaven as usual. He looked like a right gentlemen. Proper and elegant.

He too ran his gaze on me. Taking in the armour I was wearing and the menacing swords and blades hanging from my sword belt.

" Havens, what in the name of all that is holy are you wearing?" Domathian asked in disbelief, horror written all over his face.

I glanced at myself then directed my gaze on him. " Clothes, " I replied with an uncaring shrug.

" We are not going to war, Princess," he said in exasperation. " Are you even a Princess, coz it sure doesn't seem like it. "

" Some of us have more to worry about than wardrobe. "

" I have to agree with Domathian on this, " said Oriana as she glided in the courtyard flanked by her circle sisters.

They were all dressed in immaculate dresses and jewels. Hair done in intricate updos as well and their makeup perfect.

" There won't be a need for weapons. We don't want to appear as threats to the leader," uttered Aeona flicking her feathery earings.

" We have to get going, " said Liluri heading out the courtyard.

" Analisia, you get back in that palace and change right now. I will not have you ruin this for us." Arisydius was livid as she fixed me with a fiery glare.

I was shocked. I kept thinking she would change her mind but she stood her ground, a stern expression fixed on her beautiful face.

I felt like a kid again. Being forced to do something I really didn't want to do. But at the end I did what I was told.

I all but ran back in the palace to my bed chambers, maneuvering past servants and guards and not forgetting the many marbled sculptures all over the place.

I hurriedly entered my room and closed the door. A loud bang ricocheted from the force of the door being closed but I didn't give myself time to mentally kick myself for it.

I rushed into the closet and began the agonizing search for something appropriate to wear. Pulling on drawers and throwing out lacy undergarments. My hands trembled as I took garment after garment from their hangers.

My mind was a chaotic mess. I couldn't find anything wearable, to my standards that is. I had had helpers back home and I never had to worry about picking things out.

I wasn't exactly incompetent when it came to fashion. I hardly ever had trouble finding something to wear. The problem was that I was going to meat the leader of the sahëali. I had to be well put together. Appearances could not be overlooked. I had to be as regal as befitted a princess of my stature.

I stumbled back in the main chamber a pile of dresses, skirts and tops in my arms. I threw the offending garments on the bed and continued my search.

" Havens, you are hopeless."

I jumped in fright then spun to face the source of the voice.

Domathian was leaning casually on the next to the vanity, looking at the mess on my bed.