Chapter Eight

{Dahlia}

"You didn't have to do that.."  The females, who by now was laying in her own blood, began coughing.

"I think you mean, thank you." I shot, irked by the fact she ain't say thank you, when to be honest I'm laying my life down. She looked at my, her eyes searching mine.

"You new around here or some?" I don't know why, but I genuinely laughed at this, and Its been a long time since I have. I'm new around here because, I just helped someone from being killed? I looked down, and simply nodded Yes, and aided to her rickety feet, but immediately, she leaned against. I couldn't support her body weight or mine, so I grabbed onto the wall closet to me. 

"We need to get you to a hospital.." She sighed, and nodded; Seconds later, she explained to me how her car was outside. Walking outside, I noticed that It had been a while We (Meaning Cash and I) were at the 'house' because the sky was dark, and the air smelled out Black N Mild, All the dope boys sat on their blocks, while my fellow Prostitutes stood on the corner.  Carrying a half conscious female, We finally made it to her car. She was sporting a 2014 Benz, in Midnight black. This is why her ass owe Cash so much money, Like shit why can't people these days be humble and get a damn Honda.

"Nice," Sacarism dripped off my tone of voice, "Where your keys?" She pulled her keys from her pocket, and stuffed them into my palm, I got her in and buckled her in. Cash probably will beat my ass when I got back to house, But either way he was most likely gonna beat my ass, because of simply fact that he can, Like he says "He owns me"

"My stomach hurt.." She groaned, as I drove to the nearest hospital.

"I know, you took a Tim to it..We almost there.." I made a sharp right, causing her to bang her head on the window, and I couldn't help to laugh out a 'Sorry'. she kissed her teeth in response.

-

After arriving to the hospital, The doctor, nurses, and a cop questioned me as to how .Candice, got the Bruises on her ribs, and a broken ankle, I said I didn't know, and she just called me to take her to the hospital. Cash will kill me if I told them what happened, and the 5'o showed up to his house, fuck his money.

"So they said, you're gonna be here over night.." I moved a chair next to Candice's bed, and looked at her, she looked back with well worn eyes.

"I know you gotta get back to Cash, take my car home, but make sure you come and get me early tomorrow, and thank you--" She paused, waiting for my name.

"Dahlia, and you are welcome.."

Her car drove smooth as hell. I pulled up to Cash's house, and realized even if I wanted to just sneak it, I couldn't because I didn't even have a key. Taking a deep breathe, I walked to the door and tired my luck, turning the knob the door didn't open. I knocked once, and waiting. For a second, I didn't think he was home but I did a double take, and saw his car in the drive way. I turned away to walk, but I heard the door crack open. Cash's eyes were blood shot red, and in his hand was a lit blunt.

"Hi." I muttered, and he walked away from the open door. I took that as "Get yo ass inside"

He sat down on the couch, in front of the TV and barked "Sit down."

I sat across from him, and waited.

"Where you go?"

"I took Candice to the Hospital."  He looked at me, as he put his blunt out, Bud now rather.

"Did you tell me where you was fucking going?" I shook my head no quickly. "I should make yo ass sleep outside." My breathe hitched in my throat, and I waited for him to say something, but all he did was get up, fix his sweats, and walk up the stairs.