Chapter 8. I don't know

I was in my cell again, like a trapped dog. I knew I wasn’t able to go back out into the battle field, or out of the village walls. I was bound to be stuck here forever.

I laid still on my bed as the medical ninja rested her hands above my undressed wound. The sheets covered my chest and only the shoulders were revealed. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes tight, the pain of my body being repaired at a fast rate felt like a burning sensation.

The pain became unbearable that I was begging in my mind for it to disappear. I opened my eyes at different moments to gaze at the woman but she was too concentrated in mending my wound. My breathing became more and more uneven, like I was being suffocated.

I kept my eyes opened and looked at different objects to rid my mind of the pain. Streams of sweat lingered down off my body onto the bed beneath me. My vision soon become hazy as the healing became even painful, I gave off a scream before drowsing off.

“Go with him Zarachael! Leave this place, it’s not safe. Go!”

The room became gray and dimmed down. The boy ran out and grabbed my wrist forcing me off with him. I wasn’t old but I was a little girl again.

“Mum!” I cried for her name, but her body laid motionless to my pitiful cry.

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for a short while, remembering the dream with every bit of detail. I had only started dreaming of this ever since that night when we first battled.

Kakashi Hatake why have you forsaken me?

Why had he left me? To have taken me in the first place but then to just leave me like that was simply outrageous.

I let out a heavy sigh and sat up to the edge of the bed. I let my head hang and clasped my hands together in a ball, being deep in my thoughts.

Wouldn’t it have been easier for him to have killed me then and there?

Slowly, I brushed my arm over my shoulder and gave off a simple smile. My wound had finally healed. Being over a couple of days now, I was surprised that it hadn’t been infected. Or it was possible that it actually had, it was probably the reason why there was so much pain in the healing process.

It had only past an hour when a deep rough voice called out, “Prisoner 1.6.7.7”

I glanced up in slight fear and noticed that he stood by the bars of my cell.

He had broad shoulders and brown hair that shaped out his structured face. He was tall and lean, his eyes were a deep black and both his ears were pierced.

He seemed different from other shinobi’s, his vest was the same but the way he called out my prison name, the way he stood there with highness, made him stand above from the others. He seemed more aggressive and determined. I shiver run under my skin before I stood up onto my feet.

I felt my stomach churn as the new guard opened the gate and insisted them to enter. With him, there were two other ninjas. They wore white masks that had similar features to an animal, they were also known to be the village leader’s subordinate, the strongest ninja amongst the village.

Just who was this man?

He stood back as the other two ninjas walked forwards.

My head was covered over with a black bag and my arms were tied by my back. I was escorted out beyond my cell, but that was all I knew.

My body was seated and the cover was removed off my head. He stood there and stared down at me superiorly.

My arms that were tied by my back were now tied down onto the chair including my legs.

The room was dimmed down as a sat under a single light in the room. Shadows roamed in the background soon after he caught my attention.

“It came to us, that you coming back to the village was a bit of a suspicious act. Don’t you think?” He shifted his figure into the darkness and quietly handled some unknown equipment.

He stepped back into the light which allowed my eyes to focus clearly at his appearance. He held out a short dagger in front of his face and admired it mockingly before gazing down at me.

“Tell me now, what exactly did you tell Kakashi Hatake of the Hidden Leaf Village?” His eyes went cold and the expression on his face disappeared.

 He leaned in forward and pressed the side of the dagger onto my cheek.

My stomach felt as if it was being pulled inside out as I gave a slight smile, “Nothing.”

He removed the dagger from my cheek and grinned before crouching down beside me. I looked out ahead and ignored his presence.

He chuckled dangerously, and with a single move, he was at my forearm with the dagger facing blade down.

I hadn’t moved an inch as he repeated, “What exactly did you tell Kakashi?”

I turned to face him, breathing through my teeth I replied, “Nothing.”

Even though he had nothing to do with me, I also had nothing to do with him, Kakashi Hatake of the Hidden Leaf Village. Inside of me, it was just an urge that I had to protect him. Even though we had talked of nothing, he was someone that had no meaning to me but yet, I felt as if I knew of him.

He smiled and slowly placed the tip of the weapon onto my skin. I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply as he pressured the weapon down. I grasped onto the handle of the chair and turned my head the other way as he slowly made his way deeper into my arm. It felt like a thousand needles digging into each bit of muscle as soon as the blade had cut.

“Now tell me again, what did you tell him?” He pulled the weapon out and flicked it beside him, removing the blood that drooled from the dry weapon.

This feeling, it was the same feeling as how I was wounded by Kakashi, it was the same feeling driven by fear. The flow of blood leaving my body, wasting away onto the ground was dripping rapidly from my arm. My eye sight stayed strong and clear as I regained the strength to lift my head. I glared at him and exhaled roughly. His mocking smile reappeared before he lifted my head higher with the blunt side of the weapon.

I could still feel the warmth of my blood seep through the new wound, passing the chair to be below me. With each second that had passed, my body was becoming weaker from a simple wound.

I pulled my head back and stared at the dim light above me and replied, “Nothing.”

When have I ever become so stubborn for an enemy...

To protect someone who was no where near...

I don’t know…