Chapter 21. Bonding

Guy smiled as I bowed down, “I’m sorry for declining your offer, but thank you Guy Sensei!”

We were by a large meadow, where in the far distant the village awaited for our arrival. The sun glistened through the clouds and onto the land, creating patches of light.

“It’s okay!” Guy waved his arms out in front of his body and insisted me to stand up.

I laughed politely before apologizing to him once again. Kakashi sat near the camp with the students and gawked over, his face more annoyed than usual.

Guy swung his arm over me and dragged me back to the crowd, “Kakashi, you got yourself a keeper!”

I looked down onto the ground and blushed, his students laughed. Kakashi smirked underneath his mask and gave an amused sigh. Hopefully what Guy just said proved to him that he knows I belonged to Kakashi. I placed my hand onto my cheek and ran out of Guy’s hold to Ten-Ten. She knelt by the small fire preparing our lunch.

We had all finished eating lunch when we began to head for the small village.

“Kakashi Sensei!” Guy called out from ahead, not looking back.

Kakashi turned his gaze from the side to look at him, “Huh?”

“Let’s compete!” Guy’s voice sounded excited.

Kakashi chuckled, “Why now you loser?”

Guy turned around, “Who are you calling loser? You’re my rival, whenever there’s time I will ask you, idiot!”

Rivals? What does Guy mean by rivals? I held my hand over my heart, is that why Kakashi got angry, because they were rivals?

“What’s the challenge?”

All the students sighed, except for Lee. His eyes glimmered as he took note of his Sensei. I laughed, what was so bad about a small challenge.

I stood there as Kakashi and Guy raced to the small village, Lee also taking part in it. I couldn’t help but feel the need to laugh at the stupidity that took place just now. Neji and Ten-Ten walked quietly beside me, exchanging a few small conversations soon before we got to the village. Apparently Kakashi and Guy have these challenges too often.

There was laughter and food aroma that filled the noon. Lanterns linked across from building to building and old men talking to one another from different stalls. Tonight was the Komodo Night Festival and people had already set up their stalls. Children ran from candy stalls to the next, grandparents and the grandchildren holding small toys, fathers carrying their children on their shoulders while mothers smiled lovably at them. Women wore their lovely kimonos, beautiful silk that complimented their skin, and men wore the festivals colour, green, blue and white.

“Oh wow!” I looked over and watched Ten-Ten admire the view before it turned into a gloomy look.

“What’s with the face?”

She noticed and smiled embarrassedly, “Oh nothing really!”

“Hey Ten-Ten, Zarachael hurry up!” We both turned to Neji’s voice. He was way ahead of us waving like a lunatic. He was in search for the rest of the team.

Ten-Ten began to make her way forward when I took a hold of her hand. I smiled to Neji in the distance before calling back, “Go on without us, we’ll look around this way!”

Ten-Ten gazed over at Neji disappointedly as he nodded and walked on. She probably liked him, that’s maybe why she became even gloomier.

“Ten-Ten, I’m sure Lady Tsunade knew about this festival that’s why she gave me the missions pay before we left!”

She had a glum look, not really in the mood to feel excited about.

A smile grew on my face, “Ten-Ten brighten up! You and I will be able to impress the people we like!”

She covered her gaping mouth and smiled instantly, “I- You- Us! Oh my my my my!”

I gave a slight giggle, “We better go now before they find us!”

“Miss Zarachael, are you sure?”

“Yes,” I began to laugh, “I’m always happy to buy someone something that makes them happy!”

“I mean- and ah- Ho-How’d you know that I-,” she pointed at herself, “I like Neji?”

“Oh so it’s Neji is it?”

Her face became brighter, “No, no I mean, yes.”

“Ah my dear Ten-Ten, let’s just go!” We both giggled as we both walked along the streets.

We bought everything on time before we bumped into Guy Sensei, “Ah found you two! The gangs been searching for you, let’s go back to the inn so we can get ready to go out tonight!”

I looked over at Ten-Ten and gave her a reassuring smile.

“Have you given the medical tools already?” Ten-Ten smiled politely beside me.

“Oh yeah!” Guy laughed before giving the thumbs up.

We eventually arrived to the inn but the others were already there, “I thought you said they were looking for us?”

Guy gave me a shrug, “I said look around for fifteen minutes, if you can’t find them, then… WE ARE OUT!”

I felt my eyes become cold as I glared at Guy, “You’re not what I expected!” I laughed a loud and tapped his shoulder for comfort.

“Ten-Ten’s staying with me right?”

“Yep!” Guy smiled politely before going off to the room beside ours.

I smiled over at Ten-Ten and held the door open for her.

“Thank you Miss Zarachael.” She looked on ahead and walked into the room

I followed in after her and placed the bags on the bed, “Alright, you go shower first so I can help you put on your kimono.”

Ten-Ten nodded in agreement and went to the bathroom to shower.

Ten-Ten’s kimono was as beautiful on her then it was on display. It had a violet cherry blossom design that blended against a light sapphire silk. It was complimented with a red ruby sash that was at her waist. Her hair was done how it usually was with violet ribbons, her lips as red as her sash and her eyes as beautiful as they could have ever been.

I smiled at her as she stood in front of the mirror admiring her outfit.

“Do you like it?” I called out from inside the bathroom.

 “Yes, I’m truly grateful!”

I walked out and into the room, “That’s good!”

She turned from the mirror and allowed her mouth to drop, “Miss-”

“Sorry Ten-Ten, could you help me with the sash?”

With no second to waist she hurried over towards me, “Y-Yes!”

The kimono I wore was a plain pink silk with a light lavender sash. On the sash it had a thinner material that was a gold which at the ends faded to a pink. The Kimono was longer than my legs so it trailed as I walked. The Kimono also had a coat, it was mixed from white to pink, it had floral patterns and at the rim of each sleeve was a green.

By the time we had finished the others had already planned to meet us at the Play House where the ceremony would begin.