Chapter 13. Trapped

“Kakashi, please don’t make me stay here over night!”

“We will have to wait and see how you’re doing, but for now listen to me and stay here!”

I stared behind Kakashi as he walked out and slid the hospital door shut. I stared out the window and listened to the beeping of the machinery. It seemed more at ease here, more peaceful.

The sun began to set when two female medical doctors walked into the room. One of them I had noticed from earlier, Shizune.

“Alright Zarachael,” She gave a comforting smile, “I’m here to help you get better!"

I smiled with slight fear as they placed me onto a wheelchair.

I was placed on a softer bed and was stripped to my new undergarment that the hospital provided. I was tied down, from my legs, arms, waist and even my head, which got me a little worried at what they were going to do.

“Zarachael,” Shizune glimpsed over at me while working the machinery, “I’m not going to lie to you. This procedure that I’m about to do will take up a lot of your energy and my own. So it is alright that when you feel pain in the healing process to scream. Know that I won’t stop until it is complete.”

I bobbed my head, “Yes”

I kept looking back as Kakashi watched me get dragged by the arm from Shin. I reached out to him in the distance before I saw him turn his back on to me and make his way out of the village.

I kept screaming and tried pulling off the belts that held my arms down. I took in a breath and screamed even louder, the pain was horrid. It felt as if someone had nailed me constantly over and over, stabbing me, slicing my body.

“KAKASHI!!” I yelled this name over and constant, but it wouldn’t make a difference since he wasn’t going to come into the room.

I felt streams of tear roll of my face continuously as I shook aggressively on the hospital bed. I was gasping aloud, taking every breath as if it was my last. 

“Shin, please don’t do this. Let me out, I want to be with my family.”

“If I let you be with your family, you’ll have to die along with them!” I watched him in disgust as he stood by the bars of my cell.

“It was all you’re stupid mothers fault, telling my father, who also himself is a noble that I can’t marry into your family! Do you think you’re too good for us?”

I reached out and brought him closer to the bars, “Don’t you dare call my mother stupid!”

“But now that she’s dead we can finally be together!”

“KAKASHI!”  Shocked at what I had dreamt of my body sat up.

I looked curiously around and noticed that it wasn’t the hospital anymore. It seemed more like a bedroom.

There was a knock on the door before they entered, “Yeah?”

I looked at him and forced myself out of bed, was I in Kakashi’s house?

 It was probably a stupid idea to have gotten out of bed. My legs quivered before I fell onto his desk where all his paper and stationary fell from the table and rolled onto the floor. I groaned painfully as my hip knocked into the table. I slowly pulled myself up when I noticed Kakashi standing behind me. My body rotated instantly and pushed him away, only making him fall onto the bed. I stared at him with wide eyes, oh no, what was I thinking. I hesitated and soon found myself walking towards the door only to be pulled into bed. I laid there shocked, what was happening? My heart began to thump and I could feel my cheeks burning up. I laid there with both my wide eyes staring at the ceiling. I couldn’t bare looking at his face in this state.

He removed himself instantly and covered me with the sheets. I glimpsed over to him at the very moment only to see him looking upon the ground. He had this look, but I couldn’t really understand what it was. It was like a… a smile…

I turned over on the bed and curved the pillow around my head. How embarrassing?

“Get some rest Zarachael, don’t get out until I say so.”

“But… I want to go to the bathroom,” I could smell the hospital bed on me, “I want to have a shower.”

He glared at me before making his way to the door, “No.”

Night had finally fallen and slowly I got up from the bed to his cupboard, without his permission. I had scanned over his room for many hours and planned what I was going to say if he had decided to stop me from having a shower.

 My body still felt heavy but I managed to steady myself even so. I opened the cupboard and went through a range of clothing that were similar to one another. I took out a black shirt and long pants. I was sickened by the hospital clothes. I made my way silently out of the bedroom before finding my way to his bathroom. There was a half damp towel that was already used, obviously from Kakashi himself. I smiled happily before I closed the door.

I walked over to the sink and placed my dry clothes beside it before taking the hospital clothing off. I stood in front of the mirror surprised that my body had completely been recovered. Before stepping into the bath tub, I turned both hot and cold taps and allowed my hand to feel the warmth of the water.

The apartment seemed to have no presence, was Kakashi still here or had he left.

After I had finished up, I gathered all my clothing and his, soon walking to his laundry room that I had no idea of. I left it under the sink and shortly found myself exploring his small apartment.

The lights were turned off in the living room, so my hand ran over the wall in search of the switch. The curtains were open and the moonlight shone in through the window. He laid on the couch, motionlessly asleep. My hand was above the switch but I couldn’t do it, waking him up from his peaceful sleep. So I left it off.

I walked silently to his sleeping body and stayed out of the moon light that covered him. I slowly knelt down beside him and made myself comfortable on the floor. His face looked soft and charming, something I wish to have seen every day. I could hear him breathing, the way how his eyes were closed, but I wanted something more. I timidly raised my hand to his face and felt the heat of my body rise as I thought about removing his mask. I was going to do something unforgivable, but I wanted this.

I slowly pinched the material and pulled it down ever so carefully when his eyes snapped open. I gasped and let go instantly when he fell on top of me. I was trapped.

My stomach churned as I laid underneath him. I hadn’t noticed it before but one of his eyes had a scare on it. He stayed above me but hadn’t said anything.

I slowly raised my petrified hand and softly curved it on the side of his face. Both his eyes closed to my touch and rest onto my palm calmly.

Was this some sort of trap?