Chapter 12. Clear

They both stopped as they heard my whisper. Shin glared at me as Kakashi kept his back onto me. His face hardened as he moved forward towards Kakashi, being furious about the little knowledge that I had remembered.
Had Shin put a jutsu over me to make me forget?
I felt my body stiffened as I remember that night…

“Leave us and I won’t kill you!”
I covered my mouth as Kakashi spoke through his mask.
Shin laughed aloud and brought out a short dagger of his own.
He held out his hand for me to take, “Come Zarachael” he motioned his fingers to go to him.
Kakashi branched out his arm, stopping me from making the decision to go, “If you stay here, you will die…”
“ZARACHAEL!” Shin yelled my name which caught me off guard, “LISTEN TO ME!”
Kakashi began to take slow steps back, moving me along with him.
“Don’t make me do it Zarachael; I will kill them all if you leave…if you leave me…”

“Shin, you… you did it… you’re the one who killed my family!” I gave off a partial scream.
How could I have touched the lips of a murderer?
Kakashi jumped back and steadied me as I made my way forward. Shin stood there and grinned astonished at my knowledge.
I glared at him with tears falling from my eyes, “You bastard! I’m going to kill you!”
Shin gave off a laugh, “Goodbye Zarachael.” He waved a hand before vanishing into the forest.
That bastard…

Kakashi turned over to me and settled me down to the ground before aiding the wounds that had reopened.
“Why did you leave me Kakashi?” I felt the tears slide to my chin before dripping off.
“Stop crying Zarachael…” He placed his hand onto my cheek and wiped away one side of the tears.
My heart began to thud and my breath felt shortened, I gazed at him quietly.
“Kakashi, why did you leave me?” I began to sob aloud and grabbed his vest to lean my head against his chest, “Why?”
“Because I thought you were dead… and I thought that it was all just a trap, his plan was to kill me… Ever since that day when we were children, your mother told me to save you… My mission was to save you. You’re family died by his own family, you were just there as a fool for them to show their pride!”
His words had cut me deep, really deep, my family had died and I was seen as a mere trophy.
“And before you went back, your family was already dead…”
“No, I…” I knew the truth to it all but I didn’t want to believe it.

As I held myself onto the back of Kakashi, I stared down at the path in front of us. His breath and the mellow sigh he made, made me chuckle under my breath.
“Kakashi, if you thought I had died… Why hadn’t you just killed me that night?”
I felt the hesitation of his body as he replied quietly, “Because you have the same eyes as back then, even just a glimpsed reminded me of that very mission…”
I felt my cheeks blush and the pace of my heart race slightly before he continued, “I just thought that maybe there was a chance of you remembering me, but that first battle between us… I never had thought that you would have forgotten me.”
I remembered that mission when we were children, when he had to save me, I had never even had one glimpse of him but he could remember me in an instant.
“Kakashi?” I asked hesitantly.
“Yes Zarachael?”
“If you knew my family had died, why did you still let me go back?”
He didn’t reply for a while and continued down the path towards his village before he quietly said, “Because I know how it feels…”
I slowly found myself buried by the side of his neck crying.
Kakashi, had you suffered the same as I have?

“Zarachael…” He sighed quietly, “Your crying about something that happened years ago…”
By him saying this only made me cry even more, the pain of remembering it all seemed too much to handle.
“Zarachael!” He stopped and walked to the side of the path before placing me down, “Stop crying like a child, when we get back to the village, I will be there to help you.”
I wiped my eyes and stared at his reassuring smile that hid behind his mask.
“Okay.”

We were at the gate of his village, and as we entered people began to point fingers, questioning who I was. I hid my face into his neck and closed my eyes tight. That feeling of being an outcast just never seemed to have disappeared off me.
“Hold on tight!” Kakashi’s voice sounding amused.
I could feel the wind flick my hair as I listened to what he had said at that very moment. I took a peek and noticed that he was jumping from roof tops to the next. He turned his head slightly and looked at me from the corner of his eye, but I guess I was admired by the view his village had that I hadn’t noticed.
It was only a few minutes when he announced, “Were here.”
I looked at what he began to walk to and noticed that it was the Hokage’s building.

Knock. Knock. Knock.
“Come in.”
“Lady Tsunade.” Kakashi placed me down before kneeling on one knee then getting up.
I stood there not knowing what to do when she stared at me horrified at what conditions I had been in. I stared not knowing at both the mistress and Lady Tsunade.
“Kakashi.” She glared at him before she stared at the other lady, “Shizune”.
“Yes Mi’lady.” Without a word, two other ninja’s brought themselves forward.
I stepped back as I noticed that they wore animals mask, similar to the ones in my village. I stepped back and continued to step back until Kakashi called my name.
“Zarachael?”
Kakashi reached out and grabbed me, “Zarachael it’s alright.”
Was I brought here only to be locked up again?
I reached out and took one of Kakashi’s kunai and held it out in front defensively. Without a sound Kakashi took back his weapon and wrapped his arms around my body trapping my arms with me.
I began to cry, “Kakashi, have you only brought me here to be killed?”
“Why are you doing this Zarachael, I told you I will be here to help you. Trust me.”
“She could possibly be traumatized, Kakashi. She would probably need you to go with her. You’re probably the only one she trusts at this very moment.”
I gazed at the woman astonished that she seemed very knowledgeable and to have said that allowed me to admire her.
“Yes Mi’Lady.” With that Kakashi swooped me off my feet and held me in his arms, “I will be back.”

He walked out of the office and made his way down the hall.
“I’m sorry Kakashi…”
He hadn’t responded and continued on walking.
“I just thought th-”
“You thought what Zarachael?” He stopped in abrupt and yelled, “That I would allow you to get hurt?”
I stayed quiet and felt the tears build up from his yell. I waited until he began to walk again before I responded, “It was just that they wore the same mask as our village. I thought you were going to trade me over, or even allow them to kill me.”
“You are still so naive Zarachael.”