Chapter 14. Truth

The moon glistened off his silver hair as I watched him. His eyes were closed as he leaned into the warmth of my hand.

“Kakashi?” I whispered his name.

My stomach turned inside out as his eyes slowly opened, “Yes?”

Why was this happening at this very moment, I couldn’t or wound never put myself out like this. I lowered my hand down upon his chest and moved him away, “You need to rest.”

As he sat off beside me I sat up, “Sorry for awakening you, I won’t do it again.”

He probably thought I was so naive that I could have been taken advantage of. I slowly got up when in that moment I felt his hand on my wrist.

“Zarachael?”

I stared out the door and stood silently. He noticed that I was too arrogant about what happened so he slowly released my arm and allowed me to walk on.

As soon as I walked into my room, I leaned against the door and cried silently. My life had become confusing. Who was to trust and who wasn’t? I didn’t know. I was stupid and foolish. I was exactly like a child.

Shin had lied to me my whole life, and this man had given me my past memorise I should have forgotten. I had felt as if my heart was being torn apart, to shreds.

I got up and made my way onto the bed when a slow knocking played itself on the door, “Zarachael?”

I hadn’t responded when he gradually opened door, “Kakashi please go away!”

“Zarachael, please!” He stood in front of the closed door.

I sat at the edge of the bed when he made his way near me, “Kakashi!”

I stood up and pushed him away when suddenly he latched onto my arm. My body pressed against his as his back hit the wall. I pulled myself away before lifting my free arm away to slap him, when he also took a hold of it. He began to push me back until I was on the bed and he was comfortably on top, “Listen to me Zarachael!”

I squirmed underneath him and exhaled aloud while tears ran down my face, “GET.OFF.OF.ME!”

My eyes were wide open when his warm lips pressed harshly against mine. His eyes were closed and peaceful, like they were asleep. I was sickened to the extent of how much feelings came with it. I stopped squirming only to feel more tears fall from my eyes.

I was kissing Kakashi back.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, “Zarachael listen to me.”

My hands slowly ran up his arm and onto his sholders, neck and face. I felt the material that covered his face hang from his neck. I took the time to feel his skin on his face when his eyes closed to my touch.

My stomach churned as I was holding myself back from kissing him.

“Kakashi…” I whispered his name.

His eyes opened and gazed at me regretfully. I pushed him away, this was a mistake. I knew it. I gazed at his face. His lips were perfectly shaped and his nose had a seamless point.

“Zarachael, it’s about your family.”

I sat on the bed stunned, my family?

“I have to let you know…”

 I stood onto my feet and slapped him hard across the face, “Don’t you dare.”

I began to cry as my stomach continued to churn unconditionally, “I may be naive to you, but don’t bring my family into this.”

He stood there shocked at what I had said, “Naïve?”

He gave off a un-humours laugh and gazed at me astonished, “I thought you remembered everything…” He stepped closer towards me and held my face within his palms, “Stop crying Zarachael.”

I only began to cry even more when he said that. I began to hit his chest as he brought me closer to him.

I had been so confused. To have kissed Kakashi only made me feel pain. Like I knew I was going to lose him. Nothing good like this was going to last forever and I knew it.

“Kakashi?”  I whispered his name as he held me within his arms, “What am I to you?”

I slowly turned to look up at his face, his perfect structured face, “You’re worth more than you can ever imagine...”

Worth? What does that mean? Worth money, pride, what?

I gradually pulled myself out of his hold and headed for the door, “Kakashi, don’t follow me.”

He stood there as I made my way out the door with a look of anguish. I headed out from the front door and continued my way down from the apartment building. I didn’t know where I was going, but to be away from people seemed like the best idea.

I tucked my head within the vest collar as eyes wondered onto me. I began to walk faster and found myself walking along a half lit alley way. Quiet conversations echoed from out the open windows. I hummed quietly to myself and thought about Kakashi, about everything.

My heart began to beat faster as I thought about the kiss. My lips began to feel funny as my stomach also began to act weird. Why did it have so much effect on me?

I walked along a path when a clearing appeared ahead of me.

The moon shimmered down as I stood in front of a large memorial stone.

“This place brings a lot of memorise,” I turned to see Kakashi back in full uniform, with his face covered.

I didn’t say anything but turn back to the large stone. I read over the names when I came across one that caught my eye, “Sakumo Hatake, this person has the same last name as you?”

I waited to hear Kakashi’s response when his arms wrapped around my waist and buried his face onto the side of my neck. The warmth of wetness began to grow on my shoulder where he quietly sob. My eyes soon began to swell with tears as that name finally took effect on me. I turned to Kakashi and held him tight in my arms.

“I’m sorry Kakashi! I’m-”

His lips were warm and his hand tangled within my hair. My body responded, but only similar to his kisses. This man here, this man that I was kissing really had something to do with my life.

When he pulled back I only had the strength to hold him tightly within my arms.

Sakumo Hatake was Kakashi’s father who died. I remember his face so well, and how close our parents used to be. He was a kind man and my mother had always talked about how good he was as a ninja. He was the best of his kind and the best of friend to my mother.

Kakashi, what was it that you were going to tell me about my family?

Maybe after this explanation I would probably know the truth behind everything.