Chapter 27. Accepting

My heart began to pound away as I watched Neji speak the words I was dreading to hear. The group became quiet and focused on the boy with the byakugan.

“How many?” Guy looked ahead.

“There are eleven of them.”

“Ha! Easy!” Naruto pushed his fist into the air and smiled abroad.

“Naruto you idiot!” Sakura lifted her fist and was about to hit down on Naruto’s head when Kakashi hushed everyone.

“We have to be careful from now on in.”

My knees began to weaken and my heart was pounding against my rib cage that it hurt. I looked onto my hands and relized they were shaking.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” His voice always so reassuring, Kakashi placed his hand onto my shoulder and smiled through his mask.

I turned my gaze over to him when a hesitant smile appeared across my face, “I can protect myself.”

I brushed his hand off and straightened myself, “Please, don’t underestimate them, they are quiet strong.”

They all turned and faced me, only the students had a puzzled look, except for Sai.

“Is it because you sided with them at one point?” Sai expressionless face turned into a grin.

My heart grew into my throat, how did he know?

Gasps grew from each student, “Is th-”

“Now’s not the time to ask questions Naruto!” Guy placed his hand over my head and smiled, “She was always one of us.”

I gave a saddened smile and slowly pulled myself away from Guy’s hand before looking at the ground, “It wasn’t like I had a choice. It wasn’t like I was born to be free as you were, to have the open space twenty four-seven. I was cooped in a cell and only released at night to scout, that was the only time I was able to walk for miles,” The lump in my throat grew as I continued, “I’m sorry if you expected me to have clean hands but I don’t, so I’m sorry for keeping that away from you, but does anyone have the rights to know the mistakes everyone has made in their life? I’m sorry if had killed people, or what was for the right or wrong reasons, but I didn’t know anything until I was saved, I may not be wh-”

Naruto wrapped himself over me, “I’m sorry Zarachael, please don’t hate me.”

“Hate you Naruto?”

“Please don’t hate me!”

“I… I could never!” Tears formed as I brought my arms around the young boy.

Soon after Ten-Ten came along, “You’re my only best friend so I could only take your side.” Her eyes filled with tears as she joined Naruto in hugging me.

“May I remind you that we are on a dangerous mission or shall we have a big intervention?” Kakashi’s voice sounded annoyed.

I quickly wiped my face and bowed, “Sorry!”

Guy smiled with amusement, “Now that’s out of the way! Neji, what’s the distance?”

“They seem to be the length of seven hours away.”

“Kakashi, what is the decision? Attack now or wait it out until tomorrow?”

“We head out tomorrow morning and see if we can infiltrate.”

This decision they were making was all wrong.

“No you can’t.” I spoke aloud, I looked away in embarrassment before I spoke quietly, “They’re more active at that time and right now in day light they doubt that anyone would attack.”

Kakashi looked over to me then to Guy.

Guy nodded and smiled, “Let’s go on ahead in groups.”

Ten-Ten and Neji were grouped first being put into the right side of the line, Sakura and Sai were second and placed in the middle while Kakashi was with me and Naruto was with Guy. We were placed on the outer line in contact with the enemy. The first and second group was to avoid the enemy and wait for us on the other side while we eliminated the rival. Even though Naruto and Guy were grouped with us they were still quiet far from where Kakashi and I were positioned, we were planned to ambush the enemy.

Dark clouds slowly began to shift over and stay quiet above us. It had already passed four hours and we continued to run through the distance. I’m sure it would be less than seven hours that we would encounter the enemy.

I looked on head where Kakashi had stopped, “Hey Kakash-”

Kakashi turned instantly, “ZARACHEAL MOVE!”