Eden of the East

Synopsis
On November 22, 2010, Japan was hit by missile strikes, a terrorist act that fortunately did not harm anyone, becoming known as "Careless Monday." Quickly forgotten, society goes on about their lives as normal.

During her graduation trip to America three months later, friendly college student Saki Morimi's life is forever changed when she finds herself saved from unexpected trouble by Akira Takizawa. Takizawa is cheerful, but odd in many ways—he is stark naked and suffers from amnesia, believing himself to be a terrorist. In addition, he possesses a strange cell phone loaded with 8.2 billion yen in digital cash.

Despite Takizawa's suspicious traits, Saki quickly befriends the enigmatic young man. However, unbeknownst to her, this is the beginning of a thrilling death game involving money, cell phones, and the salvation of the world. Higashi no Eden chronicles Saki's struggle to unravel the mysteries behind her savior, while Takizawa himself battles other individuals armed with similar cell phones and returning memories which reveal his possible connection to the event from months ago.

---***---

What will you do if you're given a million yens but you'll have to do it on purpose: all for the benefits for your country.

With a single question comes several answers. How they execute became the backbone of the story, backstories of each characters were the heart of this anime. Another amazing story that I have watched :)

All ages will surely enjoy watching this one. ^^

Quotes:

In a time when truth is all too often forgotten, what would you do?
Saizo Ato (Eden of the East)

People are funny. Even a five-year-old knows how to spend money, but there's plenty of adults who don't know how to earn it. They feel better handing over money than bowing their head and taking it. They go on and on about how the customer's always right, always the winner but isn't that supposed to be how the seller feels, not them? But if everyone's spending, who's left to provide the service? I think a society where people prefer earning to spending is a healthier one.
Takizawa Akira (Eden of the East)

Could it be that you're my prince?
Morimi Saki (Eden of the East)