Nisekoi (False Love)

Synopsis
Raku Ichijou, a first-year student at Bonyari High School, is the sole heir to an intimidating yakuza family. Ten years ago, Raku made a promise to his childhood friend. Now, all he has to go on is a pendant with a lock, which can only be unlocked with the key which the girl took with her when they parted.

Now, years later, Raku has grown into a typical teenager, and all he wants is to remain as uninvolved in his yakuza background as possible while spending his school days alongside his middle school crush Kosaki Onodera. However, when the American Bee Hive Gang invades his family's turf, Raku's idyllic romantic dreams are sent for a toss as he is dragged into a frustrating conflict: Raku is to pretend that he is in a romantic relationship with Chitoge Kirisaki, the beautiful daughter of the Bee Hive's chief, so as to reduce the friction between the two groups. Unfortunately, reality could not be farther from this whopping lie—Raku and Chitoge fall in hate at first sight, as the girl is convinced he is a pathetic pushover, and in Raku's eyes, Chitoge is about as attractive as a savage gorilla.

Nisekoi follows the daily antics of this mismatched couple who have been forced to get along for the sake of maintaining the city's peace. With many more girls popping up his life, all involved with Raku's past somehow, his search for the girl who holds his heart and his promise leads him in more unexpected directions than he expects.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

---***---

I started to watch the first episode a year ago but wasn't able to continue to watch due to the reviews I've read. Since this is a harem story, there are lot of girls into him, and of course the male protagonist is dense to notice. A typical harem story indeed. But when I've been searching for manga to read, it happened the manga is already completed! My curiosity strikes, and read the ending. That's the reason why I've started watching the anime again, 'cause I'm convinced that this is totally a worth-watch!

Falling in love, confessing your feelings and having rejected is not bad at all, that's how this anime gave me this feels. I really appreciate the fact that when you're in love, you can't help but to get hurt. </3

Quotes:

"I may just be a fake boyfriend, but if anything happens... I'll be the one to protect you." - Raku Ichijou

"Never lose yourself when trying to hold on to someone who doesn't care about losing you." - Chitoge Kirisaki

"Love does not hurt when you're loving the right person" - Marika Tachibana

"Sometimes knowing something... Is worse than not knowing anything" - Chitoge Kirisaki

"I couldn't bring myself to ask again... I'm such a fool." - Kosaki Onodera

"In the end, mustering the courage to confess is up to the people concerned." - Shuu Maiko

"Don't worry when I fight with you... Worry when I stop because there's nothing left for us to fight for. " - Chitoge Kirisaki

"If you're the kind of person who can devote herself like that to someone, then I'll bet you there's someone out there who'll fall in love with you." - Raku Ichijou