~<Three>~

~<Juniper>~

As soon as he said that I knew it was over. I was going to be Rejected and die. I set down the glass of bubbly liquid on the near by table and faced him. I could see the fear in my eyes through his. I looked away and nodded. I didn't to see the look of disgust or read his lips of Rejection, but instead of the stinging pain of death I felt the warm arms of my Mate around me. 

"It's okay." He said, kissing my cheek. "We'll work this out."

"Why haven't you Rejected me? I'm weak."

"All the more reason to protect you. I know you may seem weak on the outside, but you are strong and will make a fantastic Luna."  He smiled down at me, taking my hand. "This, in no way, makes you any less attractive to me." 

"Thank you." He kissed the back of my hand gave me what he called a sushi roll. It wasn't bad, but with the wine it had a rather...interesting flavor. He had laughed at the face I made upon discovering that. When the car finally stopped I could see it was mid afternoon. Vincent got out first, insisting he come around to get my door. I unbuckled my seat belt and was met with a bright sun when I turned back around. I squinted and put my hand over to block the light. Vincent took my hand and led me to a huge castle! I stood in awe at the ceiling designs and marble floors.

"This way, my love." He said. I almost missed it with my gawking and all. He carried me through out the castle, showing me all of the art and the beautiful rooms. It was quite the journey filled with wonder, laughs and many others. I met a few maids and other workers, but I had yet to meet any of Vincent's family. At the end of the day he led me to one room that we hadn't seen. "This is our room." He smiled, opening the wide wooden doors. I gasped when we stepped inside. 

A glorious chandelier made of pure crystal hung from the ceiling above the most luxurious living area with a wide couch and flat screen T.V and clear glass coffee table. The windows showed the beautiful forest outside and the blue sky. I walked up to it, afraid to put my hand to the glass and ruin it. I slid the handle, pushing it a side to walk on the huge balcony. It had a couch and bonfire area were you could sit and gaze at the stars at night or the sky during the day. He led me to a different door off the balcony that led to a marvelous bathroom that could fit a herd of elephants in. The last place was the actual bedroom and was just as magnificent as the rest. 

"I used to just live in this place alone." He said, taking my hand and sitting on the black sofa on the far wall. 

"You didn't have women here?"

"What? No! I was saving myself for my Mate." 

"So you've never been kissed?" I asked, genuinely curious, but curiosity killed the cat as his response was not what I expected. 

"Yeah. I have." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Oh." I felt jealousy seep in my heart. Who had it been? 

"It was stupid and I regret it."

"I've never been kissed...not on the mouth." I confessed.

 He seemed surprised. "Really?"   

"Yeah."

"He's gone now."

"I know. It's hard for me to really take in that I have a Mate when everyone said I was too weak for one at all."

"You aren't."

"Thank you." We sat in silence...at least I supposed no one was talking because my world had been silent since I was four. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there, holding his hand until he got up and walked away. I didn't know why so I just sat there. When he appeared again I looked up and he smiled.

"It's dinner time and I think you've been through enough today so I'm going to go get the food and I'll be right back." I nodded and took off my shoes as he left. I could get comfortable here.