~<Twelve>~

This is a short chapter just saying😁

~<Juniper>~

Three days later...

I hadn't slept in three days. Not a wink! I tossed and turned on the fourth night, restless as ever. I hadn't told Vincent that I'd been sick for the past few days because I figured he'd worry too much and it was only in the morning anyway. Not only the sickness, but I had been feeling something that was strange. Wren was also puzzled as to what it was, but I felt like there was...something more to me. I couldn't shake the feeling and I decided to tell Vincent when he got home from his meeting.

I was sitting on the couch, eating popcorn and chicken nuggets when the door opened. I stood to go greet my Mate. He smiled, but stopped just as he was about to embrace me. He looked at me with wide eyes and I looked at him, puzzled.

"What is it?" He mumbled something, but I couldn't hear. "Huh?"

"How come you never told me?"

"Told you what?"

"Juniper..." He came close and sniffled my hair, smiling. I know he said something else because I could feel his breath on my head, but once again I had no idea what he was saying. Being deaf is a pain in the butt sometimes.

"What is it, Vincent. I can't hear you," I said, getting a bit frustrated.

"You bare my pup, darling. You're pregnant."

"I'm what?!" I pulled away and looked at him as if he were crazy. "How are you so sure?"

"I can feel its presence within you. It's so powerful. Definitely the next Alpha." He smiled and knelt before me. "Oh, Juniper, I've wanted nothing more than to see you filled with my pups since I laid eyes on you." That made me shiver in delight. "I can't wait to be a father and I know you're going to make the best mother there could ever be."

"What about your mother?"

"She's alright."

"She fought a wolf while carrying you in her arms."

"She's a little more than alright, but you'll be so great."

I sighed. "I don't know if I'm ready for all this."

"Is anyone ever?"

"I suppose you're right."

"You suppose I'm right?" I giggled at his teasing manner. I missed having him beside me.

"I'm tired. Come to bed with me."

"I promise you that if we go to bed there will be no sleeping."

"I'm counting on it."

Short chapter I know, but loves it's been a long week😑☹️