~<Twenty>~

This is Juniper everyone😊and this chapter is short😬

~<Juniper>~
"Luc, don't put that in your mouth."

"Bu why?"

"Honey, it's dirt that's nasty."

He shrugged and threw down the dirt, wiping his hands on his pants. "Can we go home now, mama?"

"Sure," I smiled, picking him up and teleporting home. I wonder why he wanted to leave so bad. I opened the door and was greeted with darkness. Where was everyone? I flicked my fingers and the lights came on to reveal my family shouting "Surprise!" I jumped back, keeping Luc close to me. "Oh my gosh! What the hell is wrong with you people?" I laughed.

"Happy birthday, baby," Vincent said, kissing me.

"Thank you. I completely forgot."

"You're 26 now."

"I'm that old? Oh no."

"You're still beautiful, baby."

"Thank you, honey." We kissed again until everyone insisted I open presents and eat cake, not that I was protesting. A pregnant woman's gotta eat. I probably scarfed down half the strawberry cake. It was a beautiful cake and oh so tasty too.

With my tummy full and the little one happy we headed up to bed

With my tummy full and the little one happy we headed up to bed. Luc was going to spend the weekend with his grandparents, which I was hesitant about, but agreed to and so it was just Vincent and I in the Pack House. I was stripped down and ready for bed when he came to the bathroom and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my shoulder.

"We don't have to live here, you know," he murmured.

"What do you mean?"

"I can build us a house away in a secluded area of the pack to raise the kids in and for more quiet."

"I don't know, Vincent. I like the way your parents did it."

"After I took over they left."

"Yeah. We would be here for help of course, but it's kind of like retirement."

"I suppose I just thought there was so much chaos."

"I like the chaos and I'll miss it later on."

He chuckled, "Probably."

We tucked ourselves in and cuddled together for the rest of the night. There was nothing like being in the arms of your mate. I snuggled in closer and took in his scent. It was truly a wonderful time to be alive.