~<Nine>~

~<Vincent>~

It was nice to see Juniper finally settling in with everyone. She was becoming more open and talkative at the dinner table and it warmed my heart to see her displaying her powers for the pack children who adored her like any other Luna. She had the fires dance on her palms, but made sure the pups never touched them no matter how hard they tried. The mothers were a bit suspicious at first, but after seeing her with them they felt more comfortable with her and she with them.

Everything was turning out to be what I wanted. My Mate was comfortable in her new home, my members accepted her, and she was happy. I watched her play with the children and couldn't help but wonder when we would have our own. It had been a year with no trouble between the packs at all and peace and spread throughout the lands. The Luna Ceremony had taken place five months ago and when all the Alphas saw her they saw how pure she was. She puts on shows for people who want to see her fire.

The doctors don't know why she has her powers, but I think it's because she has so much love and passion in her soul that the Moon Goddess herself couldn't contain it. When I told Juniper this she blush and kissed me. She was becoming more comfortable around me and she definitely didn't let her being hold her back from doing anything. She was so strong. We were now dressing to go to Carter's pack for their Luna Ceremony. He had found his Mate just yesterday, but we all knew that his pack would soar as soon as she was Luna. There is just something about having your Luna that makes the pack so much better. Upon having Juniper in my pack the warriors were faster and stronger than ever, the food even tasted better, and people were more friendly (including me). Everything was looking up for my packs.

I loosened my tie and put on my suit coat. I looked at my watch and sighed. We were going to be late. I waited for Juniper to step out of the bathroom and it was worth it. She was dressed in an elegant red gown that just screamed Queen Luna. Every ounce of her was dripping with power and I was proud of her. She looked at me and my expression, looking down at her feet. I took long strides to her and lifting her chin.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look nice too."

"Well, we better get going or we'll be later than we already are," I said, turning away and going down stairs with her hand in mine. I trusted my pack members to leave for the night so I just left the door unlocked.

Climbing into the limo, I found myself sneaking glances at my Mate. She was so beautiful and would no doubt be an inspiration for the upcoming Luna. I kissed her hand and she blushed. I loved when she did that. She swept my hair to the side, fixing a few strand and smiling when she was done. We sat and talked for the hour it took to get there, but when we did I noticed how uneasy she looked. This was the pack that she was abused in so I understood her reluctancy to be here, but she didn't say a word about wanting to leave. She was fighting her feelings so that we could come. She was so strong. I squeezed her hand and helped her out. The pack had been lifted up immensely since I had visited it last almost a year ago.

I couldn't believe Juniper and I had been together for a year. I hadn't Marked or Mated her yet and Damon was driving me crazy about it, but I held back for her. I knew she was still uncomfortable with those things given her background and I was prepared to wait for her I just hoped I didn't have to wait forever. As soon as we entered I didn't feel as though all eyes were on me because they were indeed all on Juniper. They bowed their heads as we passed by and applauded when we sat. I'm not sure why they always did that, but it was fine by me.

~<>~

The ceremony was as expected. All eyes where on the two Lunas that was my Mate and Carter's. Juniper was excited to give directions to Luna Greer and she accepted every word, taking it all in. "Being a Luna is hard, but totally worth it,"Juniper told her. "A great responsibility has graced your shoulders today."

I was proud of her tonight for being a perfect Queen Luna. The Moon Goddess knew what she was doing.