Chapter 3-Countin' stars.

Nuru's POV.

~~~

"Hey Grampa!"

My Grampa, Simba, looked up and smiled. "Hey Nuru."

"Guess what Uncle Kion just said!" I jumped on his back.

"What?"

"He said you were a hero!"

Simba raised an eyebrow. "He did?"

"Yeah!" I giggled. "He told me 'bout how Scar took over the Pridelands, and you came and defeated him and turned the Pridelands back to normal! So, your a hero!"

"I guess." Simba chuckled.

I laughed. "You are! Also, guess what else!"

Simba purred. "What?"

"Auntie Jasiri and Auntie Kila are having cubs! And Aunt Uzuri, too! And even Aunt Vitani!" I announced, smiling brightly. "Im not gonna be the only cub anymore! In fact, Pride Rock will be overrun with cubs!" I laughed.

Simba rolled his eyes. "Ohhhh boy."

"'Oh boy' is right. You guys are gonna have your paws full!" I laughed, jumping off of him. "See ya Grampa!" I called over my shoulder, dashing off.

"Be careful!"

"You wish!" I called back with a laugh, taking off through the Pridelands with a huge grin.

Swerving past a few trees, I crouched before leaping up and grabbing hold of a vine. "Oh yeah!" I laughed, swinging from one to the next with a huge grin.

"I see this life, like a swinging vine.
Swing my heart across the line!
In my face is flashing signs,
Seek it out and ye' shall find." I sang, dropping down and landing on a rock easily.

"Old, but I'm not that old,
Young, but I'm not that bold.
And I don't think the world is sold,
Im just doing what we're told." I jumped down and started running, giggling.

"And I-I-I-I feel something so right,
Doing the wrong thing!
And I-I-I-I feel something so wrong,
Doing the right thing!
I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
Every thing that kills me makes me feel alive!" I darted forward, scaring a flock of birds into the air before leaping up and landing on another rock.

"And lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep."

I pricked my ears, hearing another voice, and turned to see another cub.

"Dreaming about the things that we could be," The cub went on with a British accent, making his way over to me with a charming smile.
"But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard.
Said no more counting dollars,
We'll be counting stars."

"Yeah we'll be countin' stars...~" I jumped down and walked forward. "Hi."

"Ey there, sweets." The cub purred. "The names Chumvi. I've come from far off. And who might be the stunning angel before me?"

I smiled slightly, feeling my fur heat up. "Im Nuru."

"And the name fits you, my stunning ray of light." Chumvi purred.

"Thanks." I said, smiling.

Chumvi smiled. "Well, i'd love to stay and chat my dear, but im actually in quite the predicament."

I raised an eyebrow and looked behind him, hearing the rather familiar sound of angry baboons.

Chumvi grinned. "See you round, love." he winked before bounding off. I let out a soft laugh, shaking my head.

Huh.

Chumvi.