Chapter 21-Hide 'N' Seek.

Furaha's POV.

~~

"Found ya!" I grinned, swinging down to land on Nyota's back.

"Awww man!" Nyota looked up at me and grinned. "Fine. Still gotta find 'Ru and Jua!"

I jumped off, flicking my lion-like tail. "Easy peasy one-two-threesy!" I pffft'ed, waving a hand as I took off, darting through a fallen hollow log.

Nyota followed, smiling brightly. It was a beautiful day; The sun was shining brightly, beaming down and lighting up the grass. I could see the gazelles and zebras grazing all around, and heard the birds chirping in the trees. Everything about today was perfect.

Anyway, I got so lost in thoughts that I didnt realize Nyota had stopped running yet. When I did, I skidded to a stop and turned. "Whats wrong?"

"Thorn," Nyota explained, pulling it out with ease. "Im fine. Lets keep going."

"I dont think your fine." I frowned, coming forward and taking her paw. Blood tricked down her pad. "Should we go back to Pride Rock and--"

"No, 'Rah," Nyota giggled, pulling away. "Honestly, it doesnt even hurt that bad."

"If your sure." I looked up at the sky. "Nuru and Jua are good hiders."

"Definitely." Then Nyota grinned. "But I think I know where they went!" She suddenly darted past me, the thorn forgotten.

"Wait up!" I turned and scampered after her, smiling. Nyota leaped over a rock before stopping in front of a huge baobab tree.

"Heads up!" Nuru stood on one of the branches. She grabbed a fruit and threw it down to us.

Jua was beside her, looking down at us with a grin.

"Caught it!" I leaped, doing a frontflip mid-air before landing on my feet again.

"Nice!" Nuru laughed.

"Be careful!" Nyota called. "Also we found you!"

"I guess Furaha wins this round!" Nuru giggled, leaping down branch to branch until she was on the ground again.

"Yep!" I tossed the fruit over my shoulder. "Nyota's turn to count."

"Fine!" Jua leaped down, smiling as he landed beside Nuru. "Too bad Maji was asleep."

"Yeah. He'd love this game." Nuru shook her head. "And Uzuri took Taka, Wingu and Jioni out for hunting practice."

"Same with Maneno." Nyota shrugged. "Daddy took him out hunting today. He wanted me to come, but I wanted to play hide and seek."

"Whats the point in hunting anyway?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why cant they just eat grubs?"

"Not everyone likes grubs, 'Rah." Nuru giggled, making me gasp.

"W--"

"Less talking more hiding!" Nyota teased.

"Fine." Jua stuck his tongue out. "But keep in mind, im the fastest hider in the Pridelands!" He took off, leaving the rest of us in the dust.

"Oh yeah? Well im the fastest finder!" Nyota called with a laugh before turning and padding over to the tree. "One...Twoo....."

Nuru smiled at me. "Cmon," She whispered. "I know a good hiding place!" She turned and raced off.

"Right behind you!" I giggled under my breath, glancing at Nyota before following Nuru.