t w o

Magenta

"Okay, so I'll pick you up at 6 and-"

"Jackie, I know. We've been over this about 20 times." I cut her off laughing.

"Right." She blushes.

"I got to go to maths or I'm gonna be late, I'll see you tonight."

She nods and waves before running to her next class.
Sighing, I clutch my books to my chest and walk towards my maths class.

I make it to class in time and the teacher is no where to be seen. I slip into a seat in the middle row and pull my books out.

"Psst."

I turn around to see Tristan smiling at me.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Hi." He whisper-shouts grinning.

"Hi." I roll my eyes and turn back around.

The teacher walks in and places books and papers on her table.

"Alright class. Today we're having a pop quiz." She says smiling.

The whole class groans and I shrug. Miss walks around the classroom and places the tappers on our desk.

"You have 26 minutes, go."

"Miss." The girl in front of me says putting her hand up.

"Yes?"

"Why 26 minutes? It's so precise. Like why not 25? Or even better 30."

"Because I chose 26 minutes. So the test will be 26 minutes. Now everyone be quiet you have 25 minutes left."

Everyone's heads go down and I look at the first question. It's a simple question and I solve it quickly. After the first 7 questions, I find the questions getting slightly harder.

"So Magenta, I was thinking..."

I roll my eyes and ignore him.

"Do you want to come out with me and some friends tonight?"

"No thanks." I say turning around before turning back to my paper.

"We're going out to a little cafe type place and I think we'd have a lot of fun." He carries on.

I turn back around to face him. "No."

Okay, maybe that was a little mean. But hey, I'm going out with Jackie and anyway I wouldn't want to go with him. His friends are hooligans and assholes.

"Okay cool I'll pick you up at 6.30. Where do you live again?"

"Tristan, Magenta. Care to share with the class?"

"No thanks miss, Im sure they wouldn't be interested." I say carrying on with my test.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Maybe you should tell them something more interesting. Say, how is your relationship with Mr Clarke?" I ask genuinely interested with my hands under my chin looking up at her.

Her jaw drops and everyone gasps. I subtly smirk and she begins to stumble over her words.

"I-I uh, go to the principal's office right now."

"Sure, maybe he'll tell me." I shrug.  I throw my bag over my shoulder and toss my finished test to Tristan.

"Don't let her see it." I whisper before walking out of the classroom.

I skip to the principals office and open the door.
Mr Clarke looks up from the paperwork on his desk and sighs when he sees me.

"Really Magenta? Again?"

"Sorry Brian." I shrug.

"Alright, what did you do this time?"

Smiling sheepishly, I recount the events that took place and he rubs his race with his hand.

"Magenta you need to understand you can't just let slip things like that. You weren't supposed to know in the first place."

"I know I know, it's just she really annoys me." I admit.

"She is a lovely lady. You'd know that if you gave her a chance." He says almost sternly.

"What about her giving me a chance? The woman hates me."

He raises his eyebrows and I roll me eyes.
The bell rings and indicates the end of this period.

"Alright, you can go. Please try to stay out of trouble otherwise I'll tell your father" He gestures for me to leave.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Catch you later Brian." I salute him and slip out into the hallway.

A few students look at me but others carry on with what they're doing.

"Magenta!"

Ugh really.

"Hey, wait up." Tristan calls.

I keep walking but his long legs help him catch up to me quickly.

"Hey, wanna sit together in Art?" Tristan asks.

"No thanks." I say bluntly.

"Pleeeeease?" He pouts and I sigh.

"If I say yes will you leave me alone for the rest of the day?" I ask hopefully.

"Nope." He replies popping the 'p'.

I stop and look at him with a blank face as he continuess to pout.

"Fine." I groan.

"Yes!" He cheers.

Students look at us and I look down at the ground to avoid their stares.

"C'mon lets go." He takes my hand and drags me to Art.

~ ~ ~

"What you did in English was really cool." Tristan says when our teacher walks to the other side of the room.

"It was nothing." I say as I absentmindedly draw a frangipani in my book.

"No but really it was awesome. How did you know?" He asks curiously.

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Pinky promise." He raises his pinky and I look at it before signing and wrapping my pinky finger around his.

"Okay cool, now spill."

"So Mr Clarke is my mum's sister's ex-husband. We were really close when I was young so we still kinda 'hang out' sometimes."

"That's cool, so you like know everything about the teachers?" He asks.

"Kinda. He only tells me some stuff he thinks is gossip because he likes to think he's young and 'hip' as he says." I laugh.

"He said that?" Tristan laughs.

"Yep." I nod still laughing.

"So like all the teachers have to be nice to you?"

"Actually, no one else knows. Just my family and now you."

"So we share a secret?" He asks smirking. "Doesn't that like make us best buddies." He grins.

"Dream on." I laugh shaking my head.

"I will, thank you very much."

Didn't know how to end it so here you go. Thank you for reading, it means a lot.

Please vote and comment it'd be awesome, I like to know what you guys think about these so please share with me what you think. Also if you want me to read a story of yours or anything, comment on my profile or PM me and I'll be sure to do it.

Thanks x